- 1 hr ago Newly Wed Sana Khan Flaunts Subtle As Well As Glamorous Make-Up, Which Look Of Hers Did You Like More?
- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 01 December 2020
- 15 hrs ago COVID-19 And Tuberculosis: Can TB Increase COVID Risk?
- 16 hrs ago Alia Bhatt’s Green Floral Dress Look Is Totally Winning Us; Find Out The Details
- Automobiles Bike Sales Report For November 2020: Bajaj Auto Registers 12% Yearly Growth
- Sports The Hitman: The Rohit Sharma Story | Review: An elegant batsman and person
- News Coronavirus cases: India records 31,118 new COVID cases, 482 fatalities in last 24 hours
- Finance PNB Customers: New ATM Rules Effective From 1 Dec
- Movies Jacqueline Fernandez Joins The Cast Of Akshay Kumar-Kriti Sanon's Bachchan Pandey
- Technology Free Fire Characters: Top 10 Free Fire Characters You Need To Know
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
- Education COMEDK UGET 2020 Seat Allotment Result Declared At comedk.org
After you have introduced your baby to solid foods, you have to be very careful. Breastfed babies get all their nutrition from the mother's milk. However, it is not the same once you start giving your baby solid foods. You have to keep changing your baby's food chart around to make sure that your baby gets all the necessary nutrients. How to introduce new foods to your baby becomes the next biggest question on any parent's mind.
Not all foods are appropriate for your baby. However, after you introduce solid foods to the baby, you need to keep on innovating. This is the phase when your baby develops eating habits. That is why, you must know how to introduce new foods to make sure that your baby learns to eat everything healthy.
Here are some simple guidelines to help you introduce new foods to your baby depending on his or her age.
Get a food list from your pediatrician
There are certain foods that your baby cannot eat. So, get a conclusive food list from your doctor so that you know you are on the right track.
Go one at a time
You must start with the simplest foods and then move towards the complex ones. Start with stewed apples. Then, move on to bananas, chiku and oranges.
Mix it up
If your baby takes a liking to bananas and you keep on feeding him/her bananas, one fine day he or she will get sick of it. So mix up the different foods for your baby so that the little one has an interesting diet.
Cover all nutrient groups
Make sure you have proper meal plan. Your baby must get one cereal, source of proteins, fruits and vegetables on a daily basis. What foods you choose to give your baby covering these nutrient groups is your choice.
Introduce new foods on the weekends
Always introduce new foods on the weekends if you are a working couple. You will have to get the baby used to the food before you can ask the nanny or day care people to feed your baby the new type of food.
Beware of food allergies
Certain foods must not be given to babies because many people are allergic to it. Peanuts, shell fish are foods that can cause allergies. Give non-vegetarian food to your babies only when they are 8 to 9 months of age.
These are some simple tips about how to introduce new foods to your baby. Try these and also give us some ideas that you have tried and tested yourself.