Vegan diet is the new fad among many. Researchers reveal that this diet could actually be making you blind overtime.
Several psychologists have revealed the devastating effect of a vegan diet, considered as clean eating.
If the vegan diet is not followed correctly, it can lead to a deficiency in vitamin B12.
Vitamin B12 is primarily found in eggs, meat, fish and dairy products. Hence, not taking supplements, when you're following a vegan diet, can lead to several dangerous symptoms.
If untreated, vitamin B12 deficiency can lead to vision loss, weakness, tiredness, lightheadedness, heart palpitations, nerve problems, depression and memory loss.
Here, we have also listed some of the best tips to prevent vision loss. Read further to know more about some of the top eye-protection tips that you can make use of.
1. Wear Sunglasses:
Wearing sunglasses can block 100% of ultraviolet rays and can delay the development of cataracts by protecting your eyes from the direct sunlight.
2. Don't Smoke:
Tobacco smoking can lead to age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Smokers are also at an increased risk of developing cataracts. This is one of the top tips to prevent vision loss.
3. Eat Right:
Vitamin or mineral deficiency can impair the retinal function. Eating a variety of fruits and vegetables and having diets with high levels of vitamin C and E, zinc, lutein, omega-3 fatty acids, etc., helps in delaying the onset of AMD. This is one of the top eye protection tips that you can make use of.
4. Get An Eye Exam Done Often:
Adults with no signs or risk factors for eye disease should get a baseline eye disease screening at the age of 40. This is the age when early signs of disease and change in vision may start to occur. This tip will help you know how to keep your eyes healthy and strong.
5. Know Your Family History:
Eye diseases cluster in families. Knowing your family's history of eye disease and discussing about it with your ophthalmologist can help reduce your risk of vision loss and eye conditions.
- 10 Things Your Eye Doctor Knows And Wishes You Did Too
- 10 Health Benefits Of Black Grapes
- Mistakes You Are Making With Your Contact Lenses Every Day
- Scientists Discover Gene That Causes Vision Loss; Foods That Are Good For Your Sight
- Body Signals That Must Never Be Ignored At Any Cost
- Prolonged Tobacco Use Can Make You Blind - AIIMS Doctors
- Scary Things Your Eyes Are Trying To Tell You About Your Health
- 7 Ways Cucumber Slices Can Benefit Your Eyes
- Symptoms Of Stroke That You Need To Be Aware Of
- Be Careful Of Your Eye Make-up, It Can Lead To Vision Damage
- This Remedy Reduces Cataract!
- The Ultimate Remedy For Problems With The Vision