Skipping breakfast can lead to a number of health issues with the major one being lack of energy. However, a shocking case was revealed recently where a woman from China who skipped breakfast for 8 years had developed 200 gallstones.
The woman who has been identified as 45 year old Ms Chen had gone to Guangji Hospital, Hezhou in China, with a history of stomach pain for about 10 long years. She did not go for medical examination as she feared of any kind of surgery.
However, when the pain worsened she came to the hospital. Following the tests she was found to have innumerable gall stones.
According to the doctors some of the stones were as large as eggs. She had to undergo six and a half hours of surgery, for the removal of stones from the gallbladder and bile ducts.
Dr Quanwei Wei, one of the surgeons who performed the operation said, the stones could have resulted from her habit of skipping breakfast.
He further stated that if someone misses breakfast it stops their gallbladder from shrinking or expanding, leading to a build-up of bile.
- These Are The 10 Best Breakfast Ideas For Weight Loss
- Is It Healthy To Eat Bananas On An Empty Stomach?
- Is Egg And Milk A Healthy Combination?
- What To Eat For Breakfast When Trying To Lose Weight
- Should You Eat Banana In The Morning On An Empty Stomach
- 8 Easy Ways To Burn Calories Throughout The Day