- 8 min ago On 11 Years Of Kambakkht Ishq, Kareena Kapoor’s Party-Perfect Dresses From The Film
- 38 min ago How To Treat Intertrigo: Safe And Effective Home Remedies
- 1 hr ago Instagram Hair Expert, Olivia Smalley Has The Perfect Hacks To Add Instant Volume To Thin Hair
- 3 hrs ago Penumbral Lunar Eclipse 2020: Here’s The Date, Time And Where To Watch Thunder Moon Eclipse
- Finance Rupee Closes At Its Highest Level In 3 Months; Nears 74.50 Per US Dollar
- Technology Alleged Oppo A92 5G Spotted On TENAA: Expected Specification & More
- Movies Taapsee Pannu After An Hour-Long Meeting Figured Out The Rs 36,000 Power Bill Was Accurate
- News It's time for Instagram, PM Modi posts Ladakh pictures
- Automobiles 1,200 Vehicles Fined In Noida For Violating COVID-19 Rules & Regulations
- Sports Don't compare me to Virat Kohli, but compare me to Pakistan legends: Babar Azam
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Having a can of sports and energy drink might provide you the needed energy after a strenuous activity, but hold on, these drinks should be avoided by children and teenagers as they are considered unhealthy.
According to the Canadian Paediatric Society kids and teens should avoid sports and energy drinks as they can pose serious health risks, with the major one being obesity and cavities.
Many people go for caffeinated energy drinks as they believe that it helps to reduce fatigue and improve concentration, but the stimulant caffeine can affect children and teens more than adults. Also the sports drinks contain a mixture of sugars and electrolytes.
Experts from the Society say that children have smaller bodies and generally don't have the tolerance for caffeine. This is why it can lead to serious side-effects. Anxiety, sleep disturbance, vomiting, diarrhea and heart rhythm abnormalities are a few of the major health effects seen among children and teens.
Instead of these energy drinks, you can opt for these natural healthy drinks that are good for your health. Check them out.
Whenever you feel drained out, it is always advisable to drink a glass of water. It helps in providing you the needed energy. It is the purest form of liquid that are easily available.
2. Coconut Water:
Coconut water is considered as one of the best natural drink that contains natural electrolytes. When ever you feel tired just grab a glass of coconut water and drink, it gives you instant energy.
3. Low-fat Milk:
Rich source of calcium and other essential minerals, milk is one of the healthiest drink for children as well as teenagers. However, make sure to drink low-fat milk.
4. Beetroot Juice:
Rich in vitamins and calcium, low in saturated fat and cholesterol, beetroot is an excellent source of dietary fibre and folate. Drinking a glass of beetroot juice everyday not just helps in lowering your blood pressure but also provides instant energy.
5. Orange Juice:
Rich in vitamin C and other essential minerals, orange helps you provide instant energy. Having a glass of orange juice whenever you feel drained out.