- 1 hr ago Your Classic Denim-On-Denim Edit Ft. Sanam Saeed And Mahira Khan
- 2 hrs ago Karishma Tanna Makes Us Feel Fresh And Lively With Her ‘Feel’ Printed Top; Pictures And It’s Price Inside!
- 3 hrs ago Anushka Sharma And Kalki Koechlin Give Us Cool Outfit Goals And Convince Us To Use Black And White Filter More
- 5 hrs ago Gigi Hadid Teases Fans With Her Summer-Perfect Tangerine-Yellow Eye Makeup; Copy It Now!
- News Ahmedabad: Alert staffer returns returns lost bag with USD 750 to passenger
- Movies Satish Kaushik Reveals Why He Offered To Marry Neena Gupta When She Was Pregnant With Masaba Out Of Wedlock!
- Finance Market Closing: Sensex, Nifty End Flat Amid Volatility
- Education Father’s Day 2021: Best Father’s Day Quotes, Essay And Speech Ideas
- Sports WTC Final: India vs New Zealand: Persistent drizzle washes out toss, first session at Ageas Bowl on Day 1
- Technology Amazon Mi Watch Active Quiz Answers: Win Mi Watch Revolve Active
- Travel World Picnic Day 2021: 5 Best Picnic Spots To Visit In And Around Bangalore
- Automobiles Yamaha FZ-X Launched In India At Rs 1.16 Lakh: Retro Design, Bluetooth Connectivity Available
Having a can of sports and energy drink might provide you the needed energy after a strenuous activity, but hold on, these drinks should be avoided by children and teenagers as they are considered unhealthy.
According to the Canadian Paediatric Society kids and teens should avoid sports and energy drinks as they can pose serious health risks, with the major one being obesity and cavities.
Many people go for caffeinated energy drinks as they believe that it helps to reduce fatigue and improve concentration, but the stimulant caffeine can affect children and teens more than adults. Also the sports drinks contain a mixture of sugars and electrolytes.
Experts from the Society say that children have smaller bodies and generally don't have the tolerance for caffeine. This is why it can lead to serious side-effects. Anxiety, sleep disturbance, vomiting, diarrhea and heart rhythm abnormalities are a few of the major health effects seen among children and teens.
Instead of these energy drinks, you can opt for these natural healthy drinks that are good for your health. Check them out.
Whenever you feel drained out, it is always advisable to drink a glass of water. It helps in providing you the needed energy. It is the purest form of liquid that are easily available.
2. Coconut Water:
Coconut water is considered as one of the best natural drink that contains natural electrolytes. When ever you feel tired just grab a glass of coconut water and drink, it gives you instant energy.
3. Low-fat Milk:
Rich source of calcium and other essential minerals, milk is one of the healthiest drink for children as well as teenagers. However, make sure to drink low-fat milk.
4. Beetroot Juice:
Rich in vitamins and calcium, low in saturated fat and cholesterol, beetroot is an excellent source of dietary fibre and folate. Drinking a glass of beetroot juice everyday not just helps in lowering your blood pressure but also provides instant energy.
5. Orange Juice:
Rich in vitamin C and other essential minerals, orange helps you provide instant energy. Having a glass of orange juice whenever you feel drained out.