- 23 min ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 47 min ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 55 min ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- 1 hr ago Sonakshi Sinha’s Recent Pink Ethereal Outfits Are What All Fashionistas' Dreams Are Made Of
- Movies Prabhas To Shelve Jaan And Announce A New Movie? Shocking Rumour Goes Viral
- Sports Three underperforming Arsenal players this season
- News Noida police recover 2 dead bodies in a house, extramarital affair suspected
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Technology Vivo V17: The Good, Bad, And The X Factor
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
A study has found that cranberry products are the first line of defence against repeated urinary tract infections (UTIs).
The findings have revealed that the cranberry products helped in reducing the occurrence of repeated UTIs, which affects the urinary system, the kidneys, bladder and urethra.
The investigations suggested that the patients at some risk of UTI showed significant improvement upon the effects of cranberry.
This was attributed to the effects of cranberry indigestion. Cranberries contain an unique polyphenol called proanthocyanidins.
These have the ability to keep the infection-causing bacteria from sticking to the urinary tract walls, which might be the major reason for their ability to limit the growth of the infection and recurrence.
It was also found that cranberry products reduced the usage of antibiotics for addressing this cause.
In this article, we have also have listed some of the health benefits of cranberries. Read further to know more about the benefits of cranberry juice for the body.
Cranberries are known to have an anti-inflammatory effects. It can aid with conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, stomach and digestive disorders and cardiovascular system issues.
Some types of stomach ulcers are related to a particular type of bacteria called Helicobacter pylori and cranberries help in preventing this infection. This is one of the top health benefits of cranberries.
3. Dental Health:
The same phytonutrients that help prevent UTI may also benefit our dental health, by preventing the bacteria from sticking to our teeth. This is one of the top benefits of cranberry juice for the body.
4. Cardiovascular Disease:
Cranberry has antioxidant effects, anti-inflammatory effects and also help with the potential improvement of HDL over LDL cholesterol. The polyphenols help in preventing the build-up of plaque on the vessel walls.
5. Protects Against Cancer:
Cranberries help in slowing down the tumour growth and has also shown positive effects in controlling the abnormal division of cells.