- News With 159 new cases, Assam’s COVID-19 tally crosses 1,200 mark
- Automobiles Top Bike News Of The Week: Ninja 1000, Z650 & Gixxer 250 BS6 Bikes Launched & More
- Movies Sarkar Vaari Paata: Mahesh Babu To Announce Details Of His Next Film #SSMB27 At 9.09 AM Today!
- Technology Redmi Note 8, Redmi 8, Redmi 8A Dual Receive Price Hike In India
- Finance Motilal Oswal Sets 46% Upside Target On Shares Of Coal India
- Sports Coronavirus: Ten positive tests confirmed in Championship
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
A recently published study has shown that coffee consumption of three or more cups per day halved the mortality rate among patients with hepatitis C and HIV infection.
Polyphenols and caffeine are known to have hepato-protective properties.
Previous research has shown that for people at risk of liver disease, coffee consumption associated with better liver function, less fibrosis, cirrhosis and liver cancer risk.
In the case of people with HIV, individuals with elevated coffee consumption have a reduced risk of insulin resistance and lower levels of liver enzymes.
The team found that drinking at least three cups of coffee daily was associated with a 50% reduction in an all-cause mortality rate.
They also suggested that those patients who cannot tolerate a high intake of caffeine should consider drinking a few cups of decaffeinated coffee a day.
The team is now probing on to find the benefits of coffee extracts and other anti-inflammatory compounds in patients co-infected with HIV and HCV.
Read this article further to find out the other best ways to prevent HIV.
1. Abstain From Sex :
Abstaining from sexual activity that can give you contact with someone's vaginal fluid, semen, etc., is the most effective way to avoid getting AIDS. This is one of the best ways to prevent HIV.
2. Or Practice Safe Sex:
Make sure to use an appropriate condom like latex or plastic each time you have an intercourse. This includes oral sex, intercourse or any other form of sexual acts.
3. Use A Water-based Lubricant:
It is recommended to use a water-based lubricant, instead of an oil-based one during sexual activity, as oil can weaken the condom.
4. Do Not Share Needles:
You must never share needles with anyone. This includes needles with illegal drug use and also during the use of prescription drugs at home. Never engage in any activity that puts you in contact with someone else's blood directly. This is one of the best tips to prevent HIV.
5. Avoid Sharing Personal Items:
Avoid sharing personal items like toothbrushes and razors, as they may contain traces of blood. Do not use an item if you're not certain of whether it has been used only by you or not.