A new study suggests that people who skip breakfast are more likely to develop atherosclerosis or hardening of the arteries than people who start their day with a good meal.
The researchers suggested that a great percentage of energy consumed earlier in the day can favour cardiovascular health.
Previous research has also linked skipping breakfast to a higher risk of problems that can lead to heart diseases and other deadly diseases such as obesity, diabetes, high cholesterol, etc.
The survey showed that those who skipped breakfast were likely to be male, smokers or dieters who consumed the bulk of their daily calories around lunch time.
Even when they ate, they tend to just spend not more than 5 minutes on their morning meal and consumed mostly coffee or orange juice.
When compared to people who had a light breakfast, those who had a heavy breakfast, were still 21% more likely to have a damage in a major artery in the neck and 17% more likely to have a major damage in the blood vessel, in the abdominal area.
In this article, we have also listed the importance of eating breakfast on a daily basis. Read further to know why should we never skip our breakfast.
1. Gives Energy Boost:
Starting your day with the right kind of vitamins and other nutrients will give you the required energy boost. Going for eggs, whole grains and fruits is considered to be the best.
2. Metabolism Boost:
The only way to jump-start your metabolism for the day is to go for a healthy breakfast meal. This will allow your body to start burning the calories right from the beginning of the day. This is one of the utmost importance points of eating breakfast.
3. Prevents Storage Of Fat:
If you delay the first meal of the day till lunch, your body goes into a survival mode and starts storing calories, creating more fat. You need to have your breakfast, so that your body does not think you're starving and needlessly store calories. This is one of the side effects of not eating breakfast on a daily basis.
4. Prevents You From Overeating:
If you prolong the amount of time between your dinner and the next meal of the day, it is natural that you'll end up eating more than you should. The hunger pangs and the thought of food will only cause you to gorge more at lunch.
5. Helps Lower Bad Cholesterol:
Eating breakfast every morning can lower the LDL cholesterol also known as the bad cholesterol. Skipping breakfast can lead to weight gain and can increase your LDL cholesterol level in the body.
- Soya Vegetable Mix Recipe
- Poha Recipe: How To Prepare Avalakki At Home
- 9 Ways On How To Reduce Thigh Size Fast At Home
- Ragi Rotti Recipe
- 12 Ways On How To Eat Oats To Reduce Weight
- Yellow Bell Pepper Idli Cupcakes Recipe
- 11 Ways To Go On A Sugar-free Diet Plan
- 10 Incredible Benefits Of Exercising Before Breakfast
- 8 Daily Habits You Could Be Following That Can Shorten Your Life Span!
- Vegetable Upma Recipe: How To Prepare Rava Uppittu At Home
- Skipping Breakfast Can Cause This Serious Problem, Check It Out!
- Quinoa And Apricot Muffin Recipe
- 12 Best Foods To Cleanse Your Arteries