- 1 hr ago Saree Looks Decoded From The Pages Of History Following The Saree Twitter Trend
- 4 hrs ago On 3 Years Of Mom, Veteran Actress Sridevi’s Sober Outfits From The Film Decoded
- 4 hrs ago 7 Ways To Stop Being Taken For Granted By Your Partner
- 5 hrs ago 10 Reasons Why You Should Eat Raw Mangoes; Side Effects And Healthy Recipes
- Sports Fans to distribute masks on Ganguly's birthday on Wednesday, do charity
- News PM Modi to address global audience at India Global Week 2020
- Movies If Nepotism Worked, Sunny Deol’s Son Would’ve Been Like Tom Cruise: Annu Kapoor
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Series Expected To Go For Sale Starting August 21
- Automobiles Bajaj Platina 100 Disc Variant Launched: Priced At Rs 59,373
- Finance ICICI Bank To Offer Its Employees 8% Hike For Working Amid Covid 19
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
A new study suggests that people who skip breakfast are more likely to develop atherosclerosis or hardening of the arteries than people who start their day with a good meal.
The researchers suggested that a great percentage of energy consumed earlier in the day can favour cardiovascular health.
Previous research has also linked skipping breakfast to a higher risk of problems that can lead to heart diseases and other deadly diseases such as obesity, diabetes, high cholesterol, etc.
The survey showed that those who skipped breakfast were likely to be male, smokers or dieters who consumed the bulk of their daily calories around lunch time.
Even when they ate, they tend to just spend not more than 5 minutes on their morning meal and consumed mostly coffee or orange juice.
When compared to people who had a light breakfast, those who had a heavy breakfast, were still 21% more likely to have a damage in a major artery in the neck and 17% more likely to have a major damage in the blood vessel, in the abdominal area.
In this article, we have also listed the importance of eating breakfast on a daily basis. Read further to know why should we never skip our breakfast.
1. Gives Energy Boost:
Starting your day with the right kind of vitamins and other nutrients will give you the required energy boost. Going for eggs, whole grains and fruits is considered to be the best.
2. Metabolism Boost:
The only way to jump-start your metabolism for the day is to go for a healthy breakfast meal. This will allow your body to start burning the calories right from the beginning of the day. This is one of the utmost importance points of eating breakfast.
3. Prevents Storage Of Fat:
If you delay the first meal of the day till lunch, your body goes into a survival mode and starts storing calories, creating more fat. You need to have your breakfast, so that your body does not think you're starving and needlessly store calories. This is one of the side effects of not eating breakfast on a daily basis.
4. Prevents You From Overeating:
If you prolong the amount of time between your dinner and the next meal of the day, it is natural that you'll end up eating more than you should. The hunger pangs and the thought of food will only cause you to gorge more at lunch.
5. Helps Lower Bad Cholesterol:
Eating breakfast every morning can lower the LDL cholesterol also known as the bad cholesterol. Skipping breakfast can lead to weight gain and can increase your LDL cholesterol level in the body.