- 2 hrs ago Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Inspires Us To Play With Patterns With Her Gorgeous Skirt And Top Set
- 2 hrs ago Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Sets The Makeup Bar High With Smokey Eyes And Luscious Red Lips
- 5 hrs ago Difference Between Spring Onions, Shallots And Red Onions: Which Is Healthier?
- 6 hrs ago On Sidharth Malhotra’s Birthday, His 5 Dapper Looks That Made Our Heads Turn Over And Over Again!
- Finance NPS Tier II Can Be A Substitute To Bank Savings Account
- Movies Bigg Boss 14: Roshmi Banik Calls Rubina Dilaik ‘Shameless Aurat’ For Blaming Hubby Abhinav Shukla
- Automobiles CS Santosh Back In India & Out Of Induced Coma: Continues To Receive Treatment!
- Technology Flipkart Big Shopping Days Sale 2021: Offers On Smartphones, Laptops, TVs, Appliances And More
- News COVID-19 vaccine: After first jab, surgeon in Kerala hails nation's efforts against coronavirus
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Sports India vs Australia: Aussies assistant coach McDonald happy with Rohit Sharma wicket
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
International Men's Day is an annual observance celebrated on 19 November every year. The day is observed to highlight the health and other issues related to men. The day also focuses on promoting positive masculinity.
The day also celebrates the achievements and contributions of men in our society. When we talk of the contributions of men, we mean to highlight the role played by men in bringing positive changes to the nation, one's family, marriage and community.
Today we are here to tell you more about this day. Scroll down the article to read more about this day in detail.
The first International Men's Day was observed on 7 February 1992 by Thomas Oaster. However, the idea of celebrating this Day came into existence a year before.
But it was during the 1960s when several men agitated for observing 23rd February as the International Men's Day. One of the reasons for this agitation was the need of the day equivalent to 8th March which is also known as International Women's Day.
Since 23rd February had limited historic significance, therefore, International Men's Day wasn't observed on that day. Later it was decided that the event will be observed on 19 November every year.
In India, the first celebration of this day took place on 19 November 2007. Since then, the day is observed every year throughout the country.
Theme Of International Men's Day 2020
Every year a theme is decided for observing this day in a better way. The theme helps in celebrating the day while focusing on a specific issue. The theme for the International Men's Day 2020 is 'Better Health For Men And Boys'.
- International Men's Day highlights the role played by men in the society.
- The day is solely dedicated to all the men across the world.
- Several programmes and functions are organised to observe this day.
- The day is also intended for improving gender relations and highlighting gender equality.
- It is also observed to bridge the gender gap across the world.
- Several NGOs and private organisations urge the people to raise their voices to fight against the gender discrimination.