- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 04 February 2023: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 11 hrs ago Can Valentine's Day Have A Negative Influence On Romantic Partners?
- 11 hrs ago Nora Fatehi Fitness Tips: 4 Lessons From The Dancing Diva!
- 11 hrs ago Parenting Tips: 5 Reasons Why You Should Switch To Plastic-Free Toys
- Technology Redmi Note 9 Pro Vs Redmi Note 11: Specs, Display, Features, Compared
- Movies Shalin Bhanot’s Ex-Wife, Actress Dalljiet Kaur Confirms Marriage With Beau In March, Will Move Abroad With Son
- Finance ICICI Securities Recommends "Buy" On Mid cap & Large Cap Tata Group Stocks For 24-26% Gains
- Sports ILT20: Pollard inspires MI Emirates to playoffs as they beat Abu Dhabi Knight Riders by 18 Runs
- Automobiles Tata Tiago EV Deliveries Commence – Long-Range Models Prioritised
- News No time for complacency as PFI looks to wake up its second-rung leadership in smaller towns
- Education 10 Tips to Enhance Concentration During Exams
- Travel Honeymoon special: Most Romantic cities in the World
International Men's Day is an annual observance celebrated on 19 November every year. The day is observed to highlight the health and other issues related to men. The day also focuses on promoting positive masculinity.
The day also celebrates the achievements and contributions of men in our society. When we talk of the contributions of men, we mean to highlight the role played by men in bringing positive changes to the nation, one's family, marriage and community.
Today we are here to tell you more about this day. Scroll down the article to read more about this day in detail.
The first International Men's Day was observed on 7 February 1992 by Thomas Oaster. However, the idea of celebrating this Day came into existence a year before.
But it was during the 1960s when several men agitated for observing 23rd February as the International Men's Day. One of the reasons for this agitation was the need of the day equivalent to 8th March which is also known as International Women's Day.
Since 23rd February had limited historic significance, therefore, International Men's Day wasn't observed on that day. Later it was decided that the event will be observed on 19 November every year.
In India, the first celebration of this day took place on 19 November 2007. Since then, the day is observed every year throughout the country.
Theme Of International Men's Day 2022
Every year a theme is decided for observing this day in a better way. The theme helps in celebrating the day while focusing on a specific issue. The theme for the International Men's Day 2022 is 'Helping Men and Boys'.
- International Men's Day highlights the role played by men in the society.
- The day is solely dedicated to all the men across the world.
- Several programmes and functions are organised to observe this day.
- The day is also intended for improving gender relations and highlighting gender equality.
- It is also observed to bridge the gender gap across the world.
- Several NGOs and private organisations urge the people to raise their voices to fight against the gender discrimination.
- menInternational Men’s Day 2022: Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On This Day
- pulseGujarat Day 2022: Date, History And Significance Of The Day
- wellnessWorld Health Day 2022: Date, Theme, History And Significance Of The Day
- lifeInternational Day Of Families 2021: History, Theme And Significance Of This Day
- pulseWorld Savings Day 2019: History And Why It Is Celebrated
- nutritionWorld Food Day 2019: History And How It Is Celebrated
- wellnessWorld Spine Day 2019: Date, Theme And History
- pulseWorld Students' Day 2021: Date, History And Objective
- insyncWorld Post Day 2019: Date, Significance And History
- healthWorld Deaf Day 2019: Date, Significance, History And Objectives
- wellnessWorld Heart Day 2022: Theme, History And Significance
- pulseInternational Day Against Nuclear Tests 2019: A Look At The Worst Nuclear Disasters In History