- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 05 October 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 14 hrs ago Iconic Band Depeche Mode Announce New Album And World Tour
- 15 hrs ago Jacqueline Fernandez's Go-To Haircare Ingredients Are Egg White And Beer: Ways To Add It To Your Hair Care
- 16 hrs ago Happy Birthday Shweta Tiwari: TV Star Scores High In The Fashion Game
- News PFI ban and after: Why the threat still looms large?
- Sports Team India will take a call on Jasprit Bumrah's replacement in Australia, reveals Rohit Sharma
- Finance Buy The Stock Of SBI, Says Prabhudas Lilladher For A Target Price Of Rs 650
- Movies Godfather Review: Chiranjeevi's Remake Is Quite Different From Lucifer
- Technology Google Pixel Watch To Break Cover On October 6: Everything We Know So Far
- Automobiles Zontes Motorcycles Launched In India: Chinese Motorcycles Priced Higher Than The Competition
- Education Odisha NEET 2022 Counselling registration begins: apply by October 10
- Travel Bisti Widlerness: A Must-See Natural Wonder In The USA
Since 2015, Odisha and West Bengal have been embroiled and simmered in a long-war regarding the origin of Rasgulla. While the ongoing bitter ownership battle between the residents of both the states spiced up this sweet delicacy on social media platforms with infinite posts, it seems this time Odisha has a reason to cheer up.
It was 2017, when West Bengal made its first move over the ownership of the sweet cheese balls and obtained the Geographical Identification (GI) Tag for "Banglar Rosogolla', but this year, Odisha also got a reason to cheer.
The state which is also known as "the land of temples" got their own GI Tag for 'Odisha Rasagola'.
The GI Registry Chennai document reads, the Odisha Small Industries Corporation Limited (OSIC) and Utkal Mistanna Byabasayee Samiti Odisha have been recognized as the registered proprietor of the GI tagged Rasagola.
Even though there is hardly anyone in India, who has not heard or tasted this sweet delicacy, for those who don't know, Rasgulla is a soft, spongy and light cheese balls dipped in a cardamom syrup with a mild essence of cardamom, which will undoubtedly make you forget all your woes for sure.
In a tweet, Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik said, "Happy to share that #Odisha Rasagola has received GI Tag in Geographical Indication Registry. This mouthwatering culinary delight made of cottage cheese, loved by Odias across the world, is offered to Lord Jagannath as part of bhog since centuries."
Happy to share that #Odisha Rasagola has received GI Tag in Geographical Indication Registry. This mouthwatering culinary delight made of cottage cheese, loved by Odias across the world, is offered to Lord Jagannath as part of bhog since centuries #OdishaRasagola pic.twitter.com/9SchxLaAcv— Naveen Patnaik (@Naveen_Odisha) July 29, 2019
Even though we all love Rasgulla without its GI Tag, this 'sweet' victory was not easy and it seems like some Twitteratis got too emotional regarding the origin of the sweet, while some created memes to celebrate it. Looks like Rasgulla is more than delicacy, it is an emotion in this country. Here's what they are saying-
Thank you naveen sir. Today we won. #OdishaRasagolla— Chandramani Routray (@ChandramaniRou1) July 29, 2019
It is redemption time for Odisha! Less than two years after West Bengal got geographical indicator (GI) tag for its version of Rasgulla. #OdishaRasagolla— Ranjan Maharana (@RanjanM41193801) July 29, 2019
Sweetest news for every Odia across the world.— Dharmendra Pradhan (@dpradhanbjp) July 29, 2019
Offered to Lord Jagannath as bhog, the #OdishaRasagola is an inseparable & ancient part of Odia culture & cuisine.
GI tag for #OdishaRasagola is yet another time for us Odias,to celebrate with a bite of the mouthwatering delicacy. pic.twitter.com/zUGyHruGWz
How is Didi going to react, I'm scared..!! 🙄🙄— मयंक तिवारी 🇮🇳 (@MayankTiwari011) July 29, 2019
- festivalsDurga Puja 2022: Goddess Durga's Favourite Flowers, Sweets, Fruits And Colours
- recipesRaksha Bandhan Recipe: How To Prepare Gulab Jamun From Sweet Potatoes
- recipesThis Raksha Bandhan, Treat Your Siblings With The Goodness Of Peanut Laddus: A Must-Try Recipe
- recipesRamadan Special Sweets: How To Prepare Mango Kesari During The Festival
- recipesRamadan Special Sweets: How To Prepare Carrot Kalakand
- recipesHoli Sweet Recipes For 2022: How To Prepare Coconut Peda
- recipesMakar Sankranti: Recipe For Til Ke Ladoo
- wellnessCOVID-19 And Diwali: Healthy Gift Options This Pandemic
- wellnessCOVID-19 And Diwali Celebration: Healthy And Immune-Boosting Alternatives To Sweets
- pulseIndependence Day 2021: Let’s Indulge In Gastronomical Journey Of Kolkata's Pre-Independence Eateries
- diet fitnessDeepika Padukone Reveals 10 Diet And Workout Tips For Her Look In Padmavat
- diet fitnessSidharth Malhotra Shares Top 10 Diet And Workout Tips On His Birthday