- 9 min ago LFW W/F 2019 Day 5: Genelia D'Souza Demonstrates Why Smokey Eye Look Is A Classic
- 1 hr ago LFW W/F 2019 Day : Disha Patani Walked The Ramp In An Exotic Blue Eye Look
- 1 hr ago LFW W/F 2019 Day Five: Malaika Arora’s Ravishing Gown Can Intimidate Even The Seasoned Fashionistas
- 1 hr ago LFW W/F 2019 Day Five: Shilpa Shetty Kundra’s Richly Embroidered Attire Is So Fun And Festive
- Sports PKL 2019: Bengaluru Bulls defeat table-toppers Jaipur Pink Panthers
- News Irked by UAE's Honour to PM Modi, Pakistan's Senate Chairman cancels visit to Gulf nation
- Technology How To Add And Remove Channel Packs Using Tata Sky Mobile App
- Movies Inshallah: Who's Trying To Sabotage Salman Khan's Movie? Theatrical Rights Sold for Rs 190 Crore!
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki S-Presso India Launch Confirmed For The 30th Of September: Details & Specs
- Finance Gold Scales To Rs. 38,600 On Fed Powell Comments And Grim Trade War Outlook
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been a Prime Minister of many firsts. Debuting in Discovery channel's popular show Man Vs Wild, added to that list. An episode of the show featuring PM Modi went live recently and the social media platforms exploded with numerous funny memes and comments.
PM Modi and noted adventurer Bear Grylls went jaunting through the Jim Corbett National Park in Uttarakhand and indulged in a discussion about many interesting topics including nature, environmental conservation and Modi's childhood. "I didn't have a sophisticated childhood. When I went to school I kept myself perfect, I didn't have an iron at home so used keep burnt coal on cooper bowl to iron my shirt," reminisced PM Modi.
He also mentioned that he has not taken a proper vacation in the last 18 years, given to the importance of his post. "I am satisfied with that job. Today, if I consider this time as a vacation, then I must say I am taking a vacation for the first time in 18 years," he added.
The episode started trending on Twitter soon after its telecast with the hash tag of #ModionDiscovery and the social media users created extremely hilarious memes on it.
A netizen used the famous dialogue from the movie Uri: The Surgical Strike - ''How is the Josh?"
Another user compared his monologues with the speeches he delivers during his radio show, 'Mann ki baat'.
Is this #ManVsWild or Mann ki Baat?— Royson Dsouza (@royson_d) August 12, 2019
Netizens even doubted whether Bear Grylls could comprehend what PM Modi said, as he mostly spoke in Hindi during the episode. It invoked a surge of jokes and memes.
Modi, one of the most popular politician of all times, expected to cause a hike in the Television Rating Point (TRP) for the Discovery channel.