- 25 min ago COVID-19 Treatment: Govt Issues Revised Guidelines On Use Of Drugs, Therapies
- 1 hr ago Easy Breakfast Recipe: How To Make Eggless Banana Pancakes
- 16 hrs ago Easy Breakfast Recipe: How To Make Oats Upma
- 19 hrs ago Amazon Republic Day Sale Is Here! Up To 70% Off On Handbags, Backpacks, Clutches & More
- Finance 3 Stocks To Buy With Strong Balance Sheets & Healthy Dividend Yields
- Technology Redmi Note 11 Series Global Launch Set For January 26
- Movies Bigg Boss 15: Vidhi Pandya Supports Tejasswi Prakash; Says ‘She’s A Girl Of Her Words And Heart Of Pure Gold’
- News India logs over 2.82 lakh new cases, 441 deaths in last 24 hours
- Sports New Zealand postpone tour of Australia indefinitely
- Automobiles Honda Shine Hits 1 Crore Customers Milestone — First In 125cc Category
- Education JPSC Admit Card 2021 For Combined Civil Services Mains Exam Released At jpsc.gov.in
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Karnataka In Winter Of 2022
Short-term memory loss can be related to several health conditions. Understanding the reasons and causes of short-term memory loss can be tough.
In this article, we are sharing the details of the bizarre case of a woman who had lost her memory of 10 years.
The woman, who hails from Hong Kong, has been reportedly suffering from short-term amnesia. As a result, she was unable to remember anything of her life for the last 10 years. Doctors reveal that she suffered from this rare condition after she strained too hard on the toilet due to constipation.
Most of us know that straining too hard while trying to move bowels has its own set of side effects. Some of these side-effects include dizziness and headache.
On the other hand, there are cases where people have even suffered from life-threatening conditions like stroke.
But, however, according to the Chinese social media, this case of a woman facing short term memory loss can be added to the list of possible dangers associated with overstraining yourself on the toilet.
Experts further reveal that this particular side-effect may be caused due to the lack of oxygen to certain parts of the brain.
Revealing further details of the woman's condition, doctors said that the woman had strained too hard while she was trying to empty the stool and had apparently ended up losing most of her memories from the last 10 years.
The woman was lucky as the short-term memory she suffered from lasted only for a period of about 8 hours!
According to the woman's family member, the woman was suffering from constipation for a while and she had spent a long time in the toilet. They claimed that when she came out of the bathroom, she appeared to have forgotten most of the things that happened in her life for over 10 years!
She was later taken to the hospital as her family thought that there was something wrong with her. The medics conducted several tests on the woman and concluded that the woman's brain activity was normal and she would have suffered from the short-term memory loss after her constipation.
When the story was shared online, there were many people who dismissed the whole thing as fake. But that is not the case as the neurosurgeons explained how the pressure on bowel movement cuts off the oxygen to the brain and results in something bizarre like this!
- nutrition17 Amazing Health Benefits Of Rose Apple (Java Apple)
- wellness7 Herbal Teas That Can Help Ease Constipation
- prenatalWhat Causes Constipation During Pregnancy And How Can It Be Treated?
- disorders cureWhat Causes Constipation During Chemotherapy? Everything You Need To Know
- wellnessEat These Foods To Get Rid Of Constipation Easily
- nutritionIs Orange Juice Good For Constipation? Everything You Need To Know
- wellness11 Best Juices For Colon Cleansing
- wellnessTop 10 Vegetables To Relieve Constipation
- wellnessTop 9 Fruits For Constipation Relief
- wellnessDid You Know These Health Benefits Of Mullein?
- wellnessWorld Water Day 2021: 10 Health Benefits Of Drinking Warm Water
- wellnessInternational Day Of Yoga 2019: 7 Yoga Poses To Get Relief From Constipation