- 57 min ago From Shamita Shetty To Shikha Talsania: Whose Dress Game Was The Best?
- 59 min ago Osteoporosis In Men: Risk Factors And Tips To Prevent It
- 17 hrs ago Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- 17 hrs ago Dia Mirza’s Blue Floral Dress Makes For A Perfect All-Occasion Attire
- Movies Srinidhi Shetty Learns Martial Arts For 10 Days In A Row! KGF 2 Action Scenes To Include Her?
- Finance What Is The Last Date To File ITR For FY 2018-19?
- Technology Lyrics Website Genius Accuses Google Of Stealing Its Content – Search Giant Again In Trouble
- Sports ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: Sarfaraz was confused, Pakistan lacked imagination, says Tendulkar
- News Mamata agrees to meet; uncertainty hangs over live media coverage
- Automobiles Toyota Innova Rolls Over Thrice In Crash; Airbags Fail To Deploy
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Treating animals is quite a risky job, especially when you try to get to the root of their illness and when they are a rare species.
Can you imagine, who would even think that a tiger might need a root canal treatment for his rotten root?
Sounds funny right? But this is a true incident where the entire procedure of treating a tiger for root canal was captured.
Check out the bizarre incident on the video.
The Tiger Is 11 Years Old
The 11-year-old tiger who is named as Fabi has been suffering from tooth pain for quite some time. It is reported that the big cat needed the dental work as he had damaged his lower three-inch, flesh-ripping canine teeth. As a result, it left him in pain and he suffered from painful abscesses as well.
The Medics Wanted To Make Sure The Tiger Is In Great Health
As Fabi has been a healthy male tiger, the keepers wanted to ensure that he's in good health as he is used for breeding. Hence, getting to the root cause of his illness was much needed and hence he was operated.
An Armed Keeper Had To Keep A Watch Through The Entire Process
It is reported that an armed keeper had to keep a watch as the veterinary dentist named Matthew Oxford treated Fabi while the big cat was put under anaesthetic.
The Surgery Was A Success
The 11-year-old feline who weighed more than 100 kilograms and is over two meters long was stable all through the surgery. His fangs are eight centimeters in length and the zookeepers had to cover his paws with bubble wrap to avoid any kind of attack during the surgery.
Go ahead and check the video of the surgery.