When was the last time you heard about a woman walking free without fear? There are times when you would have heard all this in history as there is hardly anything that is safe in this big bad world.
But do you know about a tribe where the women get all the freedom that they wish to have? They are free to have sex and divorce their husbands and yet own the tents and the animals that the man had once owned... All this sounds impossible, right?
But the fact is there is a tribe which has been following this since years. Check out to know more about this interesting tribe...
The Tribe Is Called...
These women live in a tribe named 'Tuareg', where over 2 million semi nomadic people live across the Sahara Desert, and other North African countries of Mali, Niger, Libya, Algeria and Chad.
Also Read: What? Women Marry Each Other In This Tribe!!
These Are The Islamic Societies...
When you think of Islamic societies, the first thought that you would get is of the veil and the burqa. But unlike them most of the Tuareg women do not wear veils in public, because men "want to see their beautiful faces". This means that young girls grow up with the same great freedom as boys.
The Men Hide Their Faces Here…
The men of this tribe are known as the 'Blue Men of Sahara". This is because they cover their faces with blue veils and turbans. The indigo dye of their turbans and clothes stain the skin with a certain blue colour.
Women Are Allowed To Have Multiple Sex Partners...
Women are allowed to have multiple sexual partners outside of marriage in this tribe. They are allowed to keep all their property after divorce, where they would get the custody of kids and the tents as well.
Rules Need To Be Followed Though...
Though women are allowed to have sex before marriage, they can have multiple sexual partners as well, but there is a clause that they need to abide by the strict rules of privacy which govern their society where the men should visit the girl after sunset and leave before the sun rises.
With such a tribe existing, it makes us realise how hard people in other parts of the world are fighting for women's rights.
What do you think? Do share your thoughts in the comment section below.
- When Women Decided To Go Bare Breasts To Protest A Professor's Sexist Remark
- Google Marks Shehnai Maestro Ustad Bismillah Khan's Birthday With A Doodle
- What’s It Like To Date The Women Of Each Zodiac?
- March 21st Onwards, Each Zodiac Sign Will Get Affected In The Next Few Weeks!
- 5 Zodiac Signs Who Will Never Ever Forgive You
- This Is What The Body Part You Dry First Reveals About Your Personality!
- Predictions For The Aries Zodiac Sign, 2018: Finance
- All About Love Horoscope For Aries; 2018
- These 4 Signs Are The Most Passionate Zodiac Signs
- Knowing These 10 Signs of Dehydration Can Save Your Life!
- What Does It Mean When You See Crows Around
- All About Aries Career Growth For 2018
- This Dog Has A Human Face And It's Freaking People Out