Every time we hear the story of innocent people being killed, our blood certainly boils and all we seek is justice. People who are raising up and voicing out their opinions against certain wrong doings are also being killed mercilessly these days.
However, over a period of time, the dead is forgotten and people move on with their daily lives, until reality strikes them again!
This is what has been happening to the journalists around the world. Every time a journalist, or any person for that matter, decides to throw light on corruption and wrong people, he/she is nipped in the bud.
Also Read: Chilling Postmortem Pics Of Celebs!
Their profession demands them to be fierce, honest and show the world what is going wrong in the society and when doing so, if they lose their lives, they are not considered less than soldiers who lose their lives in war and battles.
Will these people ever get justice?
Here are some of the unsung heroes who've lost their lives, while they were still fighting battle against corruption and wrong doings.
She is the latest victim of this silent killing. She was the editor of ' Gauri Lankesh Patrike', a weekly Kannada tabloid. She has often voiced her opinions against the communal politics, caste system as well as against the establishment.
How she died: She was shot dead at her doorstep by unknown miscreants.
He was working as a Tehsil correspondent for some Jabalpur-based Hindi dailies.
How he died: He was allegedly murdered by three people who were involved in illegal mining. Apparently, they kidnapped him and set him ablaze over his refusal to withdraw a court case.
He was also known as Rajdeo Ranjan, who was an Indian journalist for the Hindustan Daily in Siwan, Bihar, India.
How he died: He was shot at close range with a 0.9 mm pistol: one bullet hit his forehead and another went past his neck. He died on his way to the hospital.
He was a freelance journalist who reported on politics and current affairs in Hindi language newspapers and on Facebook.
How he died: He died from burn injuries he sustained after a police raid at his home.
Not just journalists, but people from other streams have also had to face terror and have lost their lives voicing out their opinions. We only want justice!
Also Read: Most Bizarre Deaths Ever Recorded
M. M. Kalburgi
He was an Indian scholar of Vachana sahitya and academic. He served as the Vice Chancellor of Kannada University in Hampi. According to reports, he had criticized idol worship, which lead Hindus to file a case against him.
How he died: He was shot dead at his residence by unidentified gunmen in August 2015.
He was at the forefront of a campaign that persuaded the Maharashtra government to pass an anti-superstition and black magic bill.
How he died: He was shot dead by unknown assailants in August 2013.
- List Of Zodiac Signs That Are Short Tempered
- Pick A Key And Know About Your Subconscious Personality
- Zodiac Signs That Will Take Your Secrets To The Grave
- These Are The Fears That Can Trouble One Based On The Zodiac Sign
- What Would You Want From A Soulmate, As Per Your Zodiac Sign
- Everything You Need To Know About The American Zodiac Signs
- People Of These Zodiac Signs Can Suffer From Depression!
- Real-life Stories: Woman Was Buried Alive In A Coffin For 11 Days!
- Highly Addictive Personalities Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Based On Your Birth Month This Is How You Will Find Your Love
- These Are The Zodiac Signs That Women Are Attracted To
- Zodiac Signs That Can Rule Over You!
- The Mystery About Bruce Lee's Death; Revealed!