- 2 hrs ago Viral Video Of Pigeons Wearing Hats In Las Vegas Got Twitterati Explode With Reactions
- 3 hrs ago Scientists Develop Carbon Dioxide Eating Bacteria, A New Hope For Climate Emergency?
- 4 hrs ago Here Is How You Can Recreate Priyanka Chopra’s Glam And Bold Make-up Look
- 4 hrs ago Indian-Origin Scientist Finds A Way To Fix Leaky Gut By Dead Probiotics
- Movies Prithviraj's Driving License: Official Trailer Is Out!
- Sports Want to see players looking to do the right things on the field: Thomas Dennerby
- News Modi govt will try to solve concerns over Citizenship Bill: Shah assures Tripura delegations
- Technology Xiaomi Launches Gigabee Smart Walkie-Talkie: Price And Features
- Automobiles Maserati Levante, Ghibli & Quattroporte Launched With V6 Petrol Engines
- Finance Retail Inflation Spikes In November To 5.54% On Costly Food Items
- Travel 10 Beaches To Enjoy A Sunny Christmas With Your Family!
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
The moment you think of a rail track, you only imagine a long track that is filled with crushed stones in between the tracks. This is something that is common with all train tracks.
But have you wondered why exactly there are crushed stones on train tracks? Well, they are there for a reason.
In this article, we are here to share some of the reasons as to why all the train tracks have crushed stones on them.
A little info: While walking on rail tracks is not a cakewalk, it is also risky. There have been several reports of people getting killed accidentally when they have tried to cross a track. This is something that needs to be avoided completely.
Apart from this, find out the reasons of using stones on train tracks...
These stones under the tracks are called ballast. This is something really important for the proper functioning of the trains.
The stones are used as a material to provide stability to a vehicle or the track structure. The wood sleepers present on the tracks help to keep a firm hold of the rails.
The stones are sharp and they help to prevent the wooden beams from sliding. This is one of the reasons why there are sharp stones across the rail tracks.
To increase the altitude! Well, yes, these stones help to raise the ground, and prevent the rails from getting flooded from the draining water from the trains.
Stones help to prevent the growth of weeds and any kind of vegetation that could block the functioning of the rails. So, these are extremely important!