- 2 hrs ago 10 Risks Associated With Protein Overconsumption
- 3 hrs ago 8 Alarming Symptoms Of Cervical Cancer In Women
- 4 hrs ago Ananya Panday Stuns In A Tarun Tahiliani’s Hand-Embroidered Lehenga And It Is Pretty Unique
- 5 hrs ago Pooja Hedge’s Green Velvet Manish Malhotra Lehenga Will Help You Rock Winter Wedding
- Sports Goa survive resilient Odisha to reclaim ISL top spot
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 122 Synopsis: Vikas Gupta And Shefali Jariwala Enter The House Once Again!
- News 'Entry of woman into mosque for Namaz is permitted in Islam': Muslim board to SC
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51 With Quad Rear Cameras Launched For Rs. 23,999
- Finance All Indian Railway Coaches, Wagons To Be Tagged With RFID For Tracking By 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In 2020
- Automobiles Toyota Fortuner BS6 Petrol And Diesel Engine Specifications Revealed
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
There was a time when reading was a pleasure that could only be afforded by the learned rich people. It was somewhat mandatory for wealthy men to keep a library in their homes. Reading was considered to be a highly respectable pastime. But, the scene has changed. Reading is considered as an essential part of our life.
Reading gives you knowledge and insight into other people’s thoughts and views. People studied a vast collection of books in order to gain knowledge or to do research. With the advent of new technology everything can be found online through the internet. The web has indeed been one of the most spectacular inventions of our age. But the downside has been that reading is losing its importance.
But all avid readers will tell you that books make you happy. It helps you escape the mundane realities of life and allows you to get lost in a different world. Many people read books to feel happy.
Here we list five books that will cheer even the dullest fellow and make him smile.
The No.1 Ladies’ Detective Agency: This is the first of a series of detective stories. Set in Botswana, Africa these books make you happy after reading. It follows the pleasant ordinary life of an African woman as she sets up a detective agency exclusively for women. Follow her through the African underbrush and enjoy a tale of ordinary life and its tribulations.
Three Men In A Boat: This is another book to read that will make you happy. It is a famous satire by Jerome K. Jerome and describes the adventures that befall three men and a dog as they travel down the Thames River in a boat. The jokes and wits described in this book will make you laugh, no matter how many times you read it.
The Princess Bride: This is another book that is sure to make you feel happy. Set in a fantasy world with magicians, pirates, knights and of course the beautiful princess, this will tickle your fancy. Of course, the twists and turns will make you confident to suggest others a satisfying read.
The Twelve Days Of Christmas: After reading this book, you can say with conviction that books make you happy. Set around the Christmas holidays, it follows the story of a family that does not get along well with each other and gets snowed in during Christmas and the hilarious outcome that ensues. Sit down with a cup of hot coffee and enjoy this cheering Christmas tale.
Pride And Prejudice: This is considered the most famous among Jane Austen’s works and is another example of book that will make you happy. It is a love story set in the 18th century and surrounds a family of five daughters trying to find husbands. It showcases all the melodramas of the high society of London, a love story which you will never tire of reading again and again.