- 1 hr ago Malaika Arora Exudes Eco-Friendly Vibes In Her Nature-Inspired Printed Maxi Dress; Here’s How Much It Costs!
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 22 January 2021
- 16 hrs ago Healthy Foods To Eat During All The Three Trimesters
- 17 hrs ago Republic Day 2021: Inspiring Slogans And Quotes By Freedom Fighters
- Sports England should focus on beating India instead of Ashes obsession: Graeme Swann
- Technology Mi Watch Lite BIS Listing Suggests Imminent Launch In India
- News Zydus Cadila begins enrolment for Phase 3 vaccine trial: Reports
- Education Maharashtra 10, 12 board exam dates announced, paper to be in April-May
- Finance Gold, Silver Prices Continue To Soften; On Course To Record Best Week In More Than A Month
- Movies Varun Dhawan Reacted Like This When The Paps Congratulated Him For His Upcoming Wedding With Natasha Dalal
- Automobiles 2021 Force Gurkha Spied Undisguised Again Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
The new kind of berry called the pineberry costs 2.99 pound a punnet. It is said to be a combination of the shape and texture of a strawberry with a flavour and smell closer to that of a pineapple.
Nicki Baggott, fruit buyer for Waitrose, which is launching the white fruit at selected UK stores, said the berries would add a surprising twist to desserts.
"The Pineberries offer our customers the chance to add a new fruit to their diet and the bright appearance can add an unusual decoration to sweet dishes," she added.
Grown in glasshouses, Pineberries start off green, gradually turning paler as they ripen. By the time their seeds have turned a deep red colour the fruit is ripe enough to eat. The size of a Pineberries is slightly smaller than the common strawberry.