- 55 min ago Hina Khan Looks Insanely Beautiful In Her Ivory Leaf-Patterns Sari
- 2 hrs ago Grammys 2020: Priyanka Chopra Jonas Impresses In A Satin Gown But Disappoints In A Sequin Kimono
- 5 hrs ago 9 Interesting Health Benefits Of Pecans
- 6 hrs ago 12 Home Remedies For COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Sports Martin Guptill swears at Yuzvendra Chahal in Hindi on live TV
- Finance Centre To Increase Deposit Insurance To Rs. 5 Lakh, Pay More On Bank Failure
- Movies Hrithik Roshan's Mother Pinkie Roshan Shakes A Leg To 'Ghungroo' Song At Sunaina's Birthday Bash
- News Explained: Who is this gynecologist from Ladakh who was awarded the Padma Bhushan
- Automobiles Tata Altroz Imaginator Launched: Five Options To Customize Your Altroz At The Factory
- Technology Poco X2 Possibly With Snapdragon 730g To Be Unveiled On February 4
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
The robotic hand can be plugged into a computer, which will communicate with an electronic wrist band. It will allow people talking over the net to experience the sensation of touch. The hand can be gripped and shaked, where as it is also able to convey the signs for “OK" or “V" for victory.
The cyber hand can pick up the strength of the hand movement including a weak or a firm handshake.
“At this moment the function is not perfect and it can't copy exactly, partly because the robot hand is different from the human hand in terms of the degree of freedom of movement it has," says Liu Yunhui, the Professor from Chinese University of Hong Kong, who led the research.
"There are also a few errors such as delays in processing and mechanical problems. But in the future it will be possible to produce more sophisticated and more dextrous movements," Yunhui adds.
The new gadget is expected to hit the stores by next Christmas, for a price of 20 pounds each.