- 18 min ago Lingashtakam: Know About Importance, Benefits, And Restrictions
- 4 hrs ago Is There A Substitute For Baby Diapers? Safe And Eco-friendly Alternatives To Diapers
- 5 hrs ago Makeup Tips: How To Get The Perfect Makeup Base?
- 6 hrs ago Sensory Play For Kids: What Is It? Why Is It Necessary? And How To Implement It
- Sports LaLiga: Nacho's bizarre own goal costs dearly as Real Madrid lose 0-1 to Mallorca
- Movies Sidharth-Kiara Wedding: Courtyard Sangeet, Lunch, Reception Venue & A Late Honeymoon In The Cards
- News Cong to step up attack on govt over Adani issue, to hold nationwide protest on Monday
- Education CUET UG 2023 Registration Soon; Check Details Here
- Travel Top 5 Must visit places in Ottawa, Canada
- Automobiles Kia India Sells 6.50 Lakh Units Under 4 Years – Automaker Currently Retails 5 Models In The Country
- Finance 3 Stocks With Low P/E, Solid Fundamentals & Robust Dividend Yields
- Technology OnePlus Nord 2T vs Oppo Reno 8: Design, Display, Battery Compared
International Yoga Day is an annual observance that came into existence after the United Nations General Assembly made a declaration on 11 December 2014. According to this declaration, every year 21 June is observed as International Yoga Day. the day is observed to acknowledge the importance of Yoga and its health benefits. To celebrate this day, every year a theme is decided and programmes are organised across the world. The theme for International Yoga Day 2022 is 'Yoga for humanity'.
We have curated some interesting facts related to Yoga that you may not be knowing. Scroll down the article to read more.
1. Practicing Yoga on a daily basis can impact your overall mood and mental health. This is because Yoga is related to breathing and it helps in enhancing breathing patterns. It also aids in a synchronised form of inhaling and exhaling which is quite healthy for the human body.
2. Over 36 million people in US practice Yoga on a daily basis.
3. Yoga can increase a person's life span if practised regularly. This is because it enhances the proper functioning of one's lungs, heart and other organs. Those who practice Yoga on a daily basis live longer than those who don't.
4. Believe it or not, there are more than 100 Yoga schools in the world.
5. Out of all, 72% of Yoga practitioners are women. And most Yoga practitioners are below the age of 44.
6. You may not know this, male Yoga practitioners are known as Yogis while female Yoga practitioners are known as Yoginis.
7. Swami Vivekananda is considered to be the one who introduced Yoga to western countries. He introduced the ancient Indian philosophies of Yoga and Vedanta to the world.
8. According to Hindu Mythology, Lord Shiva is considered as the God of Yoga and therefore, he is known as Adiyogi Shiva. It is believed that Lord Shiva imparted the knowledge of Yoga to the Sapt Rishis (7 Rishis).
9. There are 84 important and beneficial Asanas and 196 Yog Sutras in Yoga.
10. Paramhansa Yogananda was the first Indian Yogi, who spread the knowledge of Kriya Yoga across the world.
- faith mysticismInternational Day Of Yoga 2022: Swami Avdheshanandji Leads Josh MASH Yoga Day Campaign
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2022: What To Do Before And After Yoga Practice
- skin careInternational Yoga Day 2022: Beauty Benefits Of Yoga And Yogasanas You Should Try
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2022: How To Do Yoga At Home?
- diet fitnessUnion Health Minister To Lead International Yoga Day Celebrations At Statue Of Unity In Gujarat’s Kevadia
- diet fitnessInternational Day Of Yoga 2022: Beneficial Yoga Poses For People With Parkinson’s Disease
- diet fitnessInternational Women's Day: 7 Yoga Poses To Induce Periods Naturally
- lifeInternational Yoga Day 2022: History, Theme And Significance Of This Day
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2021: Benefits Of Tortoise Pose Yoga And How To Do It
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2022: Effective Yoga Asanas And Poses For Cold And Flu
- lifeInternational Yoga Day 2022: Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share With Your Loved Ones
- diabetesEffective Yoga Asanas Diabetics Should Try