TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Lok Sabha Elections 2019 Polling — Live
- IPL: Match 41: CSK Vs SRH — Live Updates
- New Maruti Alto Launched In India
- MTNL Revises Broadband Plans, Offers 5.4TB Data At Rs.7,999
- Shahrukh Khan: India Is Like A Very Beautiful Painting!
- 3 Shares That Could Yield Superb Returns
- Tara & Ananya In Quirky Looks
- Rourkela: A Weekend Getaway
Archaeologists find some of the most interesting stuff during their research. These findings can sometime date back to centuries and they would have great value.
During one such research, archaeologists seem to have discovered something interesting. In a grave, they found the skeletons of a woman and a baby that seems to have been born after her death.
Check out the details of this unique discovery...
The Skeleton Was Discovered Near Bologna
The skeleton of the Medieval woman has been discovered near Bologna. Alongside the woman's skeleton, there were tiny bones of a baby who was born in the grave.
The Analysis Revealed
The initial analysis revealed that the woman was around 38 weeks pregnant at the time of her death and apparently the baby was ‘forcibly expelled' in the coffin after her death.
The Process Of Birth
According to the researchers, this strange delivery is believed to occur when the gases present in the body build up during decomposition. This results in the baby being pushed to the outside. However, this process isn't well understood.
The Woman Had Undergone A Surgery
The researchers examined the woman's skeleton and believed that she might have undergone an ancient form of skull surgery called as ‘trepanation' which had resulted in a strange cut mark on her forehead.