- 5 hrs ago 10 Foods Parents Should Avoid Giving Their Babies In The First Year
- 5 hrs ago Navratri 2019 Day 1: Orange Make-up Looks To Celebrate Colour Of The Day
- 6 hrs ago Skin Abscess: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Prevention And Treatment
- 7 hrs ago Katrina Kaif, Karishma Tanna And Others Gave Us Casual Fashion Goals At This Event
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 101: UP Yoddha Vs Tamil Thalaivas: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Movies CONTROVERSIAL: Urvashi Rautela Breaks Silence On Her ‘INAPPROPRIATE VIDEO’ With Boney Kapoor
- Technology Redmi 8A Price In India Leaks Ahead Of Launch
- News US visit will present India as global leader: PM Modi
- Automobiles Kia Motors Considering Five New Cars For The Indian Market: Including Two Electric Vehicles
- Finance Gold Prices Continue To Fall In India Even As Prices Climb Globally
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Archaeologists find some of the most interesting stuff during their research. These findings can sometime date back to centuries and they would have great value.
During one such research, archaeologists seem to have discovered something interesting. In a grave, they found the skeletons of a woman and a baby that seems to have been born after her death.
Check out the details of this unique discovery...
The Skeleton Was Discovered Near Bologna
The skeleton of the Medieval woman has been discovered near Bologna. Alongside the woman's skeleton, there were tiny bones of a baby who was born in the grave.
The Analysis Revealed
The initial analysis revealed that the woman was around 38 weeks pregnant at the time of her death and apparently the baby was ‘forcibly expelled' in the coffin after her death.
The Process Of Birth
According to the researchers, this strange delivery is believed to occur when the gases present in the body build up during decomposition. This results in the baby being pushed to the outside. However, this process isn't well understood.
The Woman Had Undergone A Surgery
The researchers examined the woman's skeleton and believed that she might have undergone an ancient form of skull surgery called as ‘trepanation' which had resulted in a strange cut mark on her forehead.