Have you ever gone through the label of a chemical toilet cleaner? If you have ever checked the ingredients, you will know how dangerous those ingredients can be to your health.
Especially, if you have children in your house, you have to be double sure that they stay away from those dangerous products. That's why it is always better to opt for homemade ingredients, which are more safer and inexpensive.
With simple ingredients, you can make your own toilet cleaner recipes that'll solve the purpose of keeping your toilets clean and fresh.
One of the most important benefits of using the DIY toilet cleaner recipes is that you can stay away from the dangerous toxins and chemicals.
Also Read: Tips To Clean Your Home With Lemon
The hydrochloric acid in market-made toilet cleaners is too risky for pets, kids and also the person who is cleaning the toilet.
The acid fume is harmful for the nasal tract, throat and eyes. No matter how you cover your face, your eyes still have to be kept opened. These acid fumes are highly corrosive for the skin and eyes.
So, with all these negative aspects, don't you feel using natural ingredients would be a much better option? The ingredients of DIY toilet cleaner recipes are also easily available in your kitchen.
Therefore, here are some DIY toilet cleaner recipes that you must have a look at and also use regularly. Have a look.
1. White Vinegar: So far, you knew that this element was only used for chicken marination. However, did you know that it can keep your toilet neat and clean as well? The acidic nature of vinegar removes stain; it disinfects and removes bad odour. And this product is absolutely safe to be used.
2. Tea Tree Oil: Natural toilet cleaner recipes can include tea tree oil. Take ½ a cup of baking soda and tea tree oil and add 1 cup of water into it. Spray the solution all over the toilet bowl and wait for a few minutes. Wash it with water and watch the magic!
3. Borax Solution: You'll need ¾th cup of borax powder, a few drops of lemon essential oil, 1 cup of white vinegar and a few drops of lavender oil. Now, scrub the toilet bowl with a coarse brush and spray the whole solution over it. Leave it overnight and wash it the next morning.
4. Vinegar & Baking Soda: Do you want a sparkling white toilet seat? Make a solution with baking soda and some white vinegar. Spray it on your toilet seat. You can also use it to clean the toilet floor. Let it sit for a few minutes and then wash with water.
5. Castile Soap Recipe: Are you looking for non-toxic and DIY toilet cleaner recipes? Then, try this one. Take ¼th cup of castile soap. Add ¾th cup of water, 2 tbsp of baking soda and 10 drops of essential oil. Now, pour the solution all over the toilet bowl and clean it with a brush.
These are some non-toxic homemade recipes that you can try to keep your toilet sparkling clean. To fight bad odour, you can use a toilet refreshner. Those are available of various fragrances like lavender, jasmine, rose, etc. So, try these recipes and get a sparkling, clean and fresh toilet in minutes!