- 6 hrs ago 17 Herbal Remedies To Get Rid Of Hot Flashes
- 9 hrs ago National Girl Child Day 2021: History And Significance Of This Day
- 10 hrs ago Lady Gaga’s Crown Braid Hairstyle At The Inauguration Is Chic But It Has A Hidden Detail That Is Unmissable!
- 10 hrs ago After Viral Memes, Here’s The Story Behind Bernie Sanders’ Famous Mittens
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 23 Highlights: Housemates Face Reporter’s Questions, Eijaz And Pavitra Make An Appearance
- Sports I was all ready, padded up, had taken injection as well: Jadeja
- News Let's have a duel: Amit Shah slams vaccine critics
- Technology List Of Reliance Jio 3GB Prepaid Plans In 2021
- Finance Bandhan Bank Dips 13% In 2 Days; Analysts See Upto 59% Upside
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
Who wouldn't love having an indoor garden? It is indeed a pleasure to have a little bit of greenery in the house or its premises. There are different types of gardens that are usually found at homes. This includes ornamental garden, vegetable garden and herb garden. All these gardens can be easily maintained in and around your home.
It is a wrong notion that you need a lot of space to have a garden. Nowadays, when most of the people are living in apartments or have very less space in the house, garden too needs to be built that way. Therefore, it is very important to know how to set an indoor garden and ways to maintain it.
There are only a very few plants that can be grown indoor and with the right indoor gardening tips, you can be sure to have a little greenery around the house. The following are a few tips on how to set an indoor garden.
It is a known fact that plants need appropriate sunlight. Therefore, try and place your plants at positions in your house where they will get the maximum sunlight. For example, next to windows and vents, southern facing windows are the apt places.
One of the most important indoor gardening tips is to provide the plants with the right amount of temperature. This varies with the plant; this can be found online or in any other books. Extreme care should be taken with the temperature as too much of heat could burn up the plants.
The watering for indoor plants is less frequent than outdoor plants. This is one of the important tips that are required on how to set an indoor garden. Check the soil before watering any indoor plants. The soil needs to be dry. The concept being that the roots need to grow in search of water and this will strengthen the plants.
Selecting the Pots
One of the indoor gardening tips is selecting the right kind of plants and the right kind of pots that can hold these plants. Care should be taken that these pots are not too big in size and that it has a proper drainage system. It should have saucers that will not mess up the place. The materials and designs of the pots also need to be taken into consideration.
Fertiliser builds up salt residue
This is one of the most common things that can happen for an indoor plant. We need to fertilise the plants to keep them healthy; this will result in a salt residue. This when not treated can harm the plants. All you need to do is run water on the pot and wash all the deposits. This is one of the important tips that are required on how to set an indoor garden.
One of the significant indoor gardening tips is that you need to have good air circulation in the house. You need to make sure that the plants are kept in a good distance from each other. Another useful tip is to keep re-arranging your plants.