- 22 hrs ago World Osteoporosis Day 2019: Date, Theme And History
- 1 day ago Bacterial Vaginosis: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment & Prevention
- 1 day ago So, Here Are Some Bollywood Fashion Scoops Of The Day For Outfits Inspiration
- 1 day ago 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Rohit Sharma breaks Don Bradman's 71-year-old record; Umesh Yadav scores fastest Test 30
- News Pak summons Indian envoy after Army strikes terror camps in PoK
- Technology How To Pin Live Score On Android Homescreen
- Movies Happy Birthday Nargis Fakhri: Did You Know She Was Apprehensive About Working With Ranbir Kapoor?
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
If you have a garden, you might have a squirrel story to share with us. These animals can be a great nuisance for those who have gardens and fruit trees. Squirrels jump from tree to tree and are a great entertainment for pets in the house, especially dogs who would love to chase them all day long. Having a pet dog is one of the ways to protect your garden and fruit trees from these little destructive animals.
There are other natural remedies you can try to prevent squirrels from eating your garden. With the help of these remedies Boldsky shares with you, it is time to say farewell to these little animals.
Take a look at some of the ways on how to prevent squirrels from eating your garden:
One of the ways on how to prevent squirrels from eating your garden is to simply grow a marigold plant. The smell of the marigold plant drives the squirrels away instantly. It can be also used as a natural pesticide for your plants.
Hot Peppers Keep Them Away
Hot peppers will not allow squirrels or other pests to enter your garden. You need to sprinkle the pepper over the plants, at the top of the soil and around the base of the stems. Squirrels cannot stand the smell as it makes them sneeze.
Smell Of Urine
Did you know that a pellet of red fox urine will help to drive away the squirrels in your vegetable garden? All you have to do is sprinkle the pellets in your garden or around the trunk of your fruit trees to drive them away. This remedy will also keep rats and cats at bay.
Cat Litter Drives Them
To give them an idea that a cat is nearby, the best way to prevent squirrels from eating your garden is to place a little cat litter at the edge of the fruit trees and in between the plants.
Mothballs Aren't A Friend
Squirrels cannot stand the sight and smell of mothballs. These balls make them suffocate instantly, which therefore drives them away.