- 7 min ago Are You Pregnant? 15 Symptoms To Watch Out For
- 37 min ago This Bride Flaunting Her Self-Designed Lehenga Is The Best Thing You Will See On The Internet
- 1 hr ago Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal's Marriage Location Revealed And Here Are Designers They Can Consider
- 2 hrs ago 11 Signs Your Ex Is Pretending To Be Over You
- Movies Rangoli Chandel Insults Karan Johar As He Praises Kangana Ranaut & Extends An Olive Branch To Her
- News Cabinet approves raising abortion upper limit to 24 weeks; bill to be tabled in next Parl session
- Finance ICICI Bank Introduces ‘iBox' For Self-Service Delivery Of Debit, Credit Cards, Cheques
- Sports Premier Badminton League: Pune 7 Aces take on Chennai Superstarz
- Technology HyperX Fury Ultra Gaming Mouse Pad With 360-Degree RGB Lighting Launched In India
- Automobiles Renault Kwid BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.92 Lakh
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Herbs are better to grow in an apartment as it requires only a certain amount of water as in for other plants which require a lot of water.
Here is what you need if you are planning to grow herbs in your home.
Herbs (seeds or starters)
Steps to follow:-
- Find a place in your home where there is a lot of sunlight during the day, as herbs need a good amount of sun care.Make sure that the window is not obstructed by any huge buildings or other trees on the sides that would cover the view of the sunlight on the herbs.
- If you are planting using starters, make sure that you cover the box with half the amount of soil, make indentations in the soil so that you can place the herb starters in. After doing that, cover the roots with good amount of soil . Water it generously.
- If you are planting with seeds , follow the same procedure, but only when you plant the seeds in the box make sure that with your pointer finger dig the soil and plant 3 to 6 seeds in each hole. Cover the holes till the soil is even . Water the soil.
- Mist the leaves generously everyday especially when it is warm. Maintaining gardens whether in your home or outdoors is the most important tip that you need to follow. For the herbs, you need to water the plants once every 2 to 3 days.
- After a while you will see that your plants are starting to thrive,and now you will be able to harvest some of your herbs. If you are planting starters , then in about 2 to 4 weeks , your first harvest will be ready, depending on the type of herb you have grown. If you have planted seeds, then you probably have to wait for about 6 to 8 weeks, again depending on the herb.
Herbs like , basil, parley and oregano are the basic kitchen necessities .Lavender, mint chives, thyme and lemongrass are also some of the herbs that you can try growing in your apartment. Always remember that herbs don't like to sit in wet soil.