- 5 hrs ago Children Inherit Intelligence Mainly From Their Mothers: How Far Is It True?
- 7 hrs ago Single Foster Dad Adopts Five Children To Ensure They Stay United As A Family
- 7 hrs ago Indian Festival Of Holi In Germany: The Colourful Summer Party
- 9 hrs ago Guru Hargobind Singh Birth Anniversary 2022: Interesting Facts About The Sixth Guru Of The Sikhs
- Automobiles Yamaha FZ25 Vs TVS Ronin - Specs Comparison
- Sports High jumper Tejaswin Shankar to be part of Indian contingent for CWG 2022: AFI tells HC
- Movies Sanya Malhotra Shares The Secret Of Tackling With Challenging Scenes In HIT: The First Case
- Finance Emkay Global Bets On This Maharatna Stock For 36% Potential Gains, Details Inside
- News SC refuses to cancel bail granted to Malayalam film producer Vijay Babu in sexual assault case
- Technology Lava Blaze Pre-Orders To Debut On July 7 In India: Should You Book?
- Education TBSE 10th, 12th Result 2022 Declared At tbresults.tripura.gov.in, Check Tripura Madhyamik, HS Result
- Travel Great Barrier Reef: Planet's Natural Ornaments
Each year, the 21st of June is observed as International Yoga Day. The day was proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly in 2014 and has been observed annually since then. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi had proposed the date of 21 June in his address to the United Nations in 2014, because it is the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere and holds special significance in many parts of the world.
The theme for International Yoga Day 2022 is Yoga for humanity. On this International Yoga Day, let's take a look at the things to do before and after yoga.
What To Do Before And After Yoga Practice
Focussing on the present moment, or mindfulness, is an essential component of a successful Yoga workout. Prior to and following the workout, it is equally crucial to remain mindful. For optimal results, you should consider food, water, and exercise both prior to and following your yoga practice.
Here is what you should do before and after yoga.
What to do before yoga
1. Eat on time
Yoga should be practised on an empty stomach or light stomach. Avoid heavy meals within three hours of yoga practice; however, a little bit of fruit up to an hour before is okay.
2. Hydrate well
Drink plenty of water during the day leading up to your yoga class, but do not drink too much just before your class. Before exercising your internal organs, it may be uncomfortable and even make you feel nauseous to fill your stomach and bladder .
3. Wear comfortable clothes
Ideally, your clothing should be able to stretch without becoming too loose or flowing. Be sure to remove any loose jewellery to avoid discomfort. It is recommended that you wear yoga socks or go barefoot.
4. Bring your own things
A yoga mat, towel, and water bottle are essential for any yoga class. A yoga studio may provide you with a free yoga mat and towel during class. In addition, maintain a water bottle near you so you can take a few sips.
5. Leave your phone
When practising yoga, you must stay present at the moment and be aware of every sensation that arises. Therefore, during yoga practice, you should put your phone on silent.
6. Check your health
Yoga should not be performed in a state of fatigue, hurry, injury, or illness. In addition, your teacher must be aware of high blood pressure, heart conditions, or dizziness. Sometimes, your teacher may modify an asana if it is not suitable for you .
What to do after yoga
1. Take rest
After practising yoga, you should rest for 10 minutes in Savasana. As the name suggests, it is a fully conscious pose to remain awake yet fully relaxed .
2. Take a shower
Following yoga, allow the body to cool down for 30 minutes before taking a shower. Allow the sweat to dry from the outside, letting your body reach a normal temperature before taking a shower. However, some practitioners believe it is best to take a bath before yoga since it will freshen up the mind and body while simultaneously increasing concentration .
After practising yoga, you should hydrate and replenish electrolytes by drinking plain or coconut water. Drinking alcohol after practice is discouraged since you have just sweated ounces of water out of your body for at least 60 minutes and are dehydrated.
Eat after a break of 20-30 minutes following yoga practice .
- faith mysticismInternational Day Of Yoga 2022: Swami Avdheshanandji Leads Josh MASH Yoga Day Campaign
- diet fitnessInternational Day Of Yoga: From Delhi To Beijing, Thousands Begin Their Day With Yoga
- diet fitnessInternational Day Of Yoga 2022: What is Yoga Nidra? Benefits And How To Perform
- skin careInternational Yoga Day 2022: Beauty Benefits Of Yoga And Yogasanas You Should Try
- yoga spiritualityInternational Yoga Day 2022 Highlights: Yoga Is A Way Of Life, Says PM Narendra Modi
- diet fitnessUnion Health Minister To Lead International Yoga Day Celebrations At Statue Of Unity In Gujarat’s Kevadia
- diet fitnessInternational Day Of Yoga 2022: Beneficial Yoga Poses For People With Parkinson’s Disease
- lifeInternational Yoga Day 2022: History, Theme And Significance Of This Day
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2021: Benefits Of Tortoise Pose Yoga And How To Do It
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2022: Effective Yoga Asanas And Poses For Cold And Flu
- lifeInternational Yoga Day 2022: Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share With Your Loved Ones
- fashion trendsInternational Yoga Day 2021: Yoga Outfits Beyond Yoga Mats!