- 8 hrs ago Nushrat Bharucha Exudes Eco-Friendly And Boss Lady Vibes In Her Green Pantsuit And We Loved It!
- 8 hrs ago Try This Easy-To-Make Raj Kachori Recipe
- 9 hrs ago Gauahar Khan And Zaid Darbar Flaunt Ethnic Outfits As Gauahar Announces Her Wedding Date
- 10 hrs ago Peppermint Tea: Health Benefits And How To Make
- News No outside person allowed to interfere in India's internal issues, says farmer leader
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 December 2 Highlights: Jasmin Is Devastated As Aly Exits House; Kavita Walks Out Leaving Everyone Shocked
- Education Career Point Star Scholarship 2020: Check Registration And Exam Pattern
- Sports India vs Australia: Switch-hit is within laws, part of game's evolution: Maxwell
- Finance Nearly 40 Small And Midcap Stock Ideas To Create Wealth In The Long Term
- Technology Excitel Revises Broadband Plans; Offering High Speed At Rs. 50
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
- Automobiles Hyundai Kona Electric SUV Recalled In India: Possible Electrical Deficiency In High-Voltage BMS
Losing weight is challenging, especially from specific body areas such as the face. Fat accumulation in the face areas is more visible which may contribute to a bigger, puffy, round, chubby and fuller face.
Facial exercises help in the movement of around 50 facial muscles, which are rarely used compared to the muscles of other parts. These exercises promote blood circulation to different areas of the face and supply essential nutrients, that further helps make the skin healthy and glow.
Also, facial exercises strengthen and tightens the facial muscles and prevent the onset of wrinkles. In this article, we will discuss some of the simple and effective tips to lose fat on your face. Take a look.
1. Facial exercises are important
Facial exercises contribute a lot to toning and sliming the facial muscles and give it a perfect chiselled jawline. A pilot study suggests that 20 weeks of facial exercises or facial yoga can rejuvenate the ageing face and improve skin appearance by improving mid-face and lower face fullness. 
2. Stay hydrated
Increased hydration can lead to fat loss by decreasing food intake and increased lipolysis (fat burn). Drinking water half an hour before the meal tends to decrease your appetite. Also, water temporarily increases the body's metabolism that leads to increased calorie burn. These factors help burn the fat and may contribute to losing face fat. 
3. Avoid tobacco and alcohol
Excess consumption of alcohol can sometimes lead to water retention in the body, especially in the facial areas and make the face look puffy and bloated. A study suggests that drinking more than seven times a week can increase the risk of obesity and weight gain. This has been mostly found in beer drinkers. 
4. Limit refined carbs
Refined carbs such as white flour, white rice, pasta and sweets are directly linked to the risk of obesity and overweight. These carbs are low in fibre and essential nutrients. This makes them easily digestible by the body, leading to glucose spike in the body. High glucose levels are caused as a result of inflammation, which may also cause puffiness of the face. Excess consumption of refined carbs also causes water retention in the body. 
5. Practice cardio exercise
Cardio exercises are very effective for reduction in fat mass. These exercises promote fat oxidation, especially when done in the morning. Cardio exercises increase heart loss and promote calorie burn every minute of the exercise. Therefore, performing cardio exercises like running, swimming, cycling and brisk walking can help reduce those extra facial fats.
6. Avoid too much salt
Excess salt causes the body to retain more water, thus increasing the weight of the body by some extra pounds. This may cause an illusion of excess facial fat when the water retained in the face region. However, when the consumption of sodium through dietary sources such as fast foods are reduced, the body parts start getting slimmer. 
7. Maintain a sleep timing
Inadequate amount of sleep disturbs the circadian cycle, slows down the metabolism and increase appetite. This leads to untimely hogging of foods causing an increase in the calorie intake. Maintaining a proper sleep timing may help boost your metabolism and burn those extra calories from all areas of the body, including the face.
1. How can I lose face fat in a week?
The most effective way to lose face fat in a week is by starting with physical activities such as facial exercises, cardio workouts or other forms of exercises such as aerobics, dancing or swimming. They help burn calories at a faster rate and give a perfect chiselled jawline.
2. Can you lose genetic face fat?
Genetics may contribute to face fat but you can lose them too the similar way you lose fat in other body parts. Focus on facial exercises like tightly puckering the lips and holding them for around 10-12 seconds and repeating the process for 10-15 minutes.
3. What is the reason behind face fat?
Several factors can be responsible for face fat such as genetics, poor diet, lack of exercise and sedentary lifestyle.