- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 18 January 2021
- 17 hrs ago 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- 21 hrs ago Floral- Perfect! Pooja Hegde’s Pink Traditional Outfit Is Ideal For Upcoming Festive Occasions
- 23 hrs ago From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- Sports Legendary spinner BS Chandrasekhar hospitalised; stable, says family
- News Maharashtra Gram Panchayat Election Result 2021: Counting of votes underway
- Technology Poco F2 Will Not Use Snapdragon 732G SoC, Confirms India Head
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Reveals The Most Awful Thing About Being An Actor Besides 'Nepotism And Movie Mafia'
- Finance Nazara Technologies- First Mobile Gaming Company Files For IPO Launch
- Automobiles Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Every year on 2 September, the World Coconut Day is celebrated to create awareness about the benefits of coconut and its related products such as coconut water, coconut oil, coconut milk and many more.
There's no doubt that coconut water is regarded as the most satiating drink. It is fresh, tasty, full of nutrients, and naturally sweet. The best thing about coconut water is that it helps in balancing the electrolyte in the body, which is lost during exercise or other physical activities.
Coconut water is a popular drink among health-conscious people. It is packed with multiple essential nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin B1, potassium, sodium, copper, manganese, selenium, phosphorus, and iron. 
Coconut water has innumerable health benefits. Even so, do you know why it is considered among the safest drinks for diabetics? Let's find out.
Is Coconut Water Safe For Diabetics?
According to research published in the Journal of Medicinal Food in Feb 2015 , coconut water is very helpful in managing diabetes. In this research, a test was carried out on diabetic-induced rats to find out the effect of coconut water on blood coagulation.
It was found that coconut water along with L-arginine (an amino acid used to treat blood clots and increase blood flow) reduced the concentration of glucose in the rats and also exhibited antithrombic activity.
However, it is advised not to drink coconut water more than 250 ml a day (8 ounces) as it may hike the glucose level in the body and cause adverse effects. If you are taking in/consuming coconut water every day, remember to pick tender green coconuts for water and avoid eating the whitish pulp as it contains more fat and sugar.
Why Is Coconut Water Suitable For Diabetics?
Coconut water is sterile and naturally sweet. It contains two important salts: potassium and sodium which are required by our body to keep blood pressure in check. However, there are many other benefits which make it best for a person with diabetes. They are as follows:
1. More fibre: 100 g of coconut water contains 1.1 g of dietary fibre. The fibre helps to keep a track of glucose level in our body. Thus, due to high fibre and low carbs content in coconut water, it is recommended best for diabetics. 
2. Essential nutrient: Coconut water is packed with 24 mg calcium, 25 mg magnesium, 0.29 mg iron, 2.4 mg vitamin C, and 3 mcg of folate along with 250 mg potassium and 105 mg sodium, the two important salts required by our body. These vital nutrients prevent the fluctuations of blood glucose in our body and thus, keep diabetes in check. 
3. Helps in weight management: Weight matters a lot in people with diabetes. Coconut water has an excellent tendency to prevent hunger without compromising on essential nutrients due to the fibre in it. Also, antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids in this sterile water help to maintain body glucose level and prevent gaining excess body weight. 
4. Low glycemic index: Coconut water has a low glycemic index which prevents the sudden spike of blood glucose in the body. Also, it helps prevent insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. 
5. Improves blood circulation: Coconut water provides great relief to diabetics by easing their symptoms. It helps to widen the blood vessels and treat the main symptoms of diabetes like numbness, discomforts, and blurred vision caused mainly due to poor blood circulation.