- 1 min ago World Tourism Day 2022: Date, Theme, Benefits, History, And Significance
- 1 hr ago Rashmika Mandanna Is Grace Personified In A Saree, Check Out Latest Pictures!
- 7 hrs ago Retrograde Saturn Transit In Capricorn On 12 July 2022: Impact On Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 29 June 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- Education NEET 2022: Exam City Intimation Slip Released By NTA At neet.nta.nic.in, Admit Card To Release Soon
- Technology OnePlus 10R 5G Gets Price Cut Of Rs. 4,000 For Limited Period; Where To Buy?
- Sports Deepak Hooda & Sanju Samson: From U19 cricket to record partnership at Malahide against Ireland
- Finance 2 Latest Dividend Announcements That You Should Take Note Of
- Movies Aditya Roy Kapur Reacts To Sadak 2 Failure, Says It Did Not Deter Him
- News Can Uddhav survive floor test?
- Automobiles Ather Energy May Soon Launch The Long-Range Version Of 450X Electric Scooter
- Travel Savandurga Hill In Monsoon - Hiking and Climbing
Another year is almost down with a few days remaining; most of us are still in shock that we will be in 2022 in the blink of an eye! As new year traditions go, New Year Resolutions are the most popular ones. However, experts have, time and again, pointed out that the primary reason why people fail to achieve their new year resolutions is that they are too heavy - that is - by making promises to yourself that are massive, as the first and second month passes by, the resolution energy that you had in the first month gradually reduces, and that's a fact .
So, how can you take up new year resolutions without having to give them up halfway? The key to breaking this cycle is to make resolutions that can improve health and be followed for a lifetime - and we are here to help you with it.
Read about Healthy New Year's Resolutions That Are Easy To Keep!
How To Keep Your New Year's Resolutions
1. Get a good night's sleep: Sleep plays a vital role in health, and sleep deprivation can result in serious health consequences. A lack of sleep may increase your risk of weight gain, heart disease, and depression. It is important to evaluate your schedule and lifestyle to improve sleep quantity and quality to determine the most effective methods .
2. Make more home-cooked meals: Studies have shown that people who cook more meals at home have better diet quality and less body fat than those who eat more meals while on the go . Make one meal a day at first, then gradually increase the frequency until most of your meals and snacks are prepared at home.
3. Regularly shop for groceries: You need a well-stocked pantry and refrigerator to prepare healthy, home-cooked meals. Making a New Year's resolution to go grocery shopping more often might be a good idea if you are not accustomed to buying groceries.
4. Consume more fresh produce: By including more cooked and raw vegetables and fruits in your diet in the new year, you can greatly enhance your health. It has been demonstrated in numerous studies that eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables can prevent various illnesses, such as diabetes, heart disease, certain cancers, and obesity, as well as overall mortality.
5. Consume more whole foods: Consuming more whole foods is one of the simplest and most sustainable ways to improve overall health. The process of adding more whole foods to your diet can be achieved gradually and consistently. For example, try adding one serving of your favourite vegetable to your diet every day if you are not used to eating vegetables .
6. Limit junk/restaurant foods: For a quick meal or snack, many people turn to convenience foods, such as packaged chips, cookies, frozen dinners and fast food. However, although these foods may be tasty and readily available, they can be detrimental to your health if consumed too frequently. Therefore, you may want to make a resolution to prepare more meals at home using healthy ingredients in order to reduce your consumption of convenience foods .
7. Spend more time outdoors: By increasing time spent outside, you can improve your health by reducing stress, elevating your mood, and even lowering your blood pressure. A New Year's resolution to spend more time outdoors every day can benefit most people, no matter where they live. Incorporating nature into your daily routine may be as simple as a walk during your lunch break or a hike on the weekend.
8. Consume fewer sweetened beverages: In light of the fact that sugary drinks are associated with obesity, fatty liver, heart disease, insulin resistance, and cavities among children and adults, reducing consumption of sweetened beverages is a wise decision.
9. Reduce screen time: Studies have shown that spending excessive amounts of time on electronic devices, particularly social media, can lead to depression, anxiety, and loneliness. If you resolve to spend less time scrolling through social media, watching television, or playing computer games, you may find that your mood and productivity will improve .
10. Make physical activity a part of your life: Start by choosing an activity that you enjoy and that fits into your schedule. Simple and sustainable exercise resolutions are easy to implement, such as taking a half-hour walk, jog, or bike ride before work or swimming at the gym on your way home. Next, establish an attainable goal, such as walking a few specific days per week rather than attempting to walk every day.
11. Make meditation a habit: Meditation is an evidence-based method for promoting mental health. Those who suffer from anxiety or depression may find it particularly beneficial. This is an excellent New Year's resolution because there are many ways to meditate, and it is easy to find books, podcasts, and apps for teaching how to start a meditation practice .
12. Take good care of your teeth: A New Year's resolution idea that can and should be maintained for life is to maintain good oral health. Regular brushing and flossing your teeth can prevent oral conditions such as gum disease and bad breath. In addition to brushing and flossing regularly, a dental check-up and cleaning are recommended at least once a year .
13. Make household products healthier: To create a healthier environment for yourself and your family, make a New Year's resolution to purchase more natural beauty products, household cleaners, laundry detergents, and personal care products .
14. Be more active and less sedentary: Most people sit more than they should, whether it is because of a sedentary job or being physically inactive. Excessive sitting can have negative health consequences. Make a resolution, for example, to go for a 15-minute walk at lunch or to get up and walk for 5 minutes every hour if you have a desk job that requires long periods of sitting.
15. Don't drink too much alcohol: In spite of the fact that alcohol can certainly fit into a healthy diet, excessive consumption can adversely affect your health. Consider setting yourself a reasonable goal to help you stay on track, such as limiting your drinking to weekend nights only or setting a weekly limit for alcohol consumption.
16. Reducing smoking: Nicotine is believed to be the worst drug that can destroy the human body slowly. Smoking obviously supplies a certain amount of nicotine to the body every time a person smoke. No matter whether you chew, sniff or smoke, the harmful content of tobacco remains the same.
17. Practice self-care and spend more time with yourself: It is not selfish to take time for yourself. On the contrary, it is imperative to one's health and well-being. Self-care does not have to be complicated or time-consuming. You can take a bath every week, attend your favourite yoga class, prepare a nutritious meal for yourself, go for a walk in nature, or sleep an extra hour .
18. Consider taking up a new hobby: In older adults, it is common to let once-loved hobbies fall by the wayside as a result of busy schedules or a lack of motivation. However, research indicates that taking up a hobby that you enjoy can increase your lifespan. So make a resolution to try out a hobby you have always been interested in - or pick up a hobby you used to enjoy.
19. Visit your doctor: Regular examinations by your health care provider are essential for a number of reasons. Regular blood tests and necessary screenings can aid in identifying potential problems before they become more serious.
20. Save money: Save money by making healthy lifestyle changes . For example, walk or bike to work or consider carpooling. Take inventory of what is in your refrigerator and create a shopping list. Shopping at the supermarket without a plan can result in poor choices for your diet and wallet.
21. Volunteer: We tend to think our happiness is dependent on improving ourselves, but our happiness also improves when we help others. According to studies, people who experienced positive emotions were 20 per cent less likely to suffer a heart attack than their gloomier peers . In addition, other research indicates that positive emotions can make people more resilient and resourceful.
Have A Happy And Healthy New Year!
- festivalsHappy Vishu 2022: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Messages, Greetings, and Whatsapp Status
- decorHappy Ugadi: 7 Expert Home Decor Ideas For Celebrating Ugadi Festival
- decorHappy Gudi Padwa! Decorate Your Home For The Maharashtrian New Year With These Ideas
- festivalsLunar New Year 2022: Know The Date, History, Significance Of The Chinese New Year
- make up tipsYear Opener 2022: Sanya Malhotra, Vidya Balan, Deepika Padukone Convince You To Go For The Bold Look
- fashion trendsYear Ender 2021: How Bernie Sanders, Kim Kardashian, Zendaya, Lady Gaga Made Fashion Headlines
- decorNew Year 2022: Simple Yet Cool Decor Ideas For Your New Year's Eve Party At Home
- wellnessHoliday Depression: 7 Tips On How To Beat The Holiday Blues
- improvementChristmas And New Year: Simple Tips To Declutter And Clean Your House For The Festive Season
- fashion trendsDazzling And Sparkling Jewellery For Making Your Festive Season Merrier
- wellnessHoliday Season Is Here! Tips To Stay Healthy Between Christmas And New Year's
- festivalsDecember Festivals 2021: Not Just Christmas, Here Is A List Of Auspicious Days In The Month