- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope, 28 June 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 12 hrs ago In A Rare Celestial Event, 5 Planets Line Up For The First Time In 18 Years
- 16 hrs ago Onam 2022: Date, Time, Rituals, History, Significance, And Celebrations
- 17 hrs ago Anant Chaturdashi Vrat 2022: Date, Time, Puja Rituals, Legend, And Significance
- Technology Amazon Sale: List Of Best Smartphones From Rs. 50,000 To Rs. 1,50,000 To Buy In India
- Sports Wimbledon 2022, June 28 Order of Play and Schedule: Live Streaming in India and TV Channel List
- News Maharashtra crisis: SC relief for rebels; BJP preps for floor test | Tops points
- Finance This Adani Stock Gains 1247% In Just 2 Years, Acquiring Finance From Govt. For New Foray
- Movies Soorarai Pottru Actor Poo Ramu Passes Away In Chennai After Being Hospitalised For Heart Attack
- Automobiles Bajaj Pulsar N160 Vs Bajaj Pulsar NS160 - Specs Comparo
- Education BSSC 1st Inter Level CCE 2014 Final Result Released, Steps To Check To Bihar 1st Inter Level CC Exam Result
- Travel Peb Fort Trek, Maharashtra - Complete Guide
Sex and food have a long, complicated history. We've all heard that what we eat can have psychosomatic and physiological effects on us. In part because of mythology and partly because of science, we've settled on the fact that what turns us on might start in the kitchen. However, did you know there are foods that can slow your sex drive down to a halt?
It's no secret certain foods like garlic make blood flow better, thereby increasing libido . On the other hand, there are foods that can slow down your circulation and sabotage your libido. Lets checkout the Foods That Reduce Your Libido
Foods That Can Affect Your Sex Drive
While it may give you the 'courage' to approach someone in a bar, excessive drinking can cause erectile difficulties in men and trouble achieving orgasm in both men and women. In addition, you may become sleepy and uninterested if you consume excessive alcohol, particularly beer .
2. Red meat
Red meat can contain added hormones or antibiotics, which can affect a man's natural hormones if eaten in large quantities.
Both men and women can have hormone issues with cheese, affecting testosterone and oestrogen, which lowers libido.
While it may sound surprising, the menthol in mints lowers testosterone, which decreases sex drive .
5. Fried foods
Besides being bad for our health, greasy foods also affect our sex drives. Most fried foods contain trans-fat, which decreases libido in both men and women by causing abnormal sperm production in men and affecting fertility in women.
6. Microwaved popcorn
Popcorn cooked in the microwave has been linked to a lower sex drive because of the chemicals in the bag lining. Perfluoroalkyl acids in popcorn bags lower sperm count in men and decrease libido in women .
You can eat this one for breakfast but don't eat it before you are planning to have some 'fun time'. However, you can spice them up by adding a natural aphrodisiac such as cinnamon which warms up your body (and your sex drive), or a bit of honey which increases testosterone and oestrogen production.
Okay, this might come as a shock to you, but chocolate contains methylxanthines, which can cause our bodies to become lethargic and sleepy, naturally reducing our sex drive. If you must have chocolate, choose dark chocolate without added sugars or fats .
9. Carbonated drinks
Serotonin levels are directly affected by artificial sweeteners, particularly aspartame. Serotonin plays a vital role in fostering a sense of well-being or happiness. Researchers say that low levels of serotonin in both men and women are associated with reduced libido.
Glycyrrhizic acid, the main compound of liquorice, which gives it its distinctive flavour, inhibits testosterone production.
11. Bottled water
There are indeed many, many reasons to avoid conventionally bottled water. Still, BPAs found in plastic bottles are among the most important when it comes to virility and fertility. Bisphenol A, or BPA, is a chemical component found in many plastic food containers that can be harmful in several ways .
Caffeine might give you more stamina for sex, but if you get jittery from coffee, this won't be a love potion for you. In addition, anxiety can lower your sex drive, a common complaint of people who are caffeine sensitive.
Some other foods that can impact your sex drive in the long run include:
- Shrimp 
- Canned soup
- Deli meat
- Soy products
- All-purpose flour
- Trans fat
- wellness17 Foods To Improve Sex Drive In Men
- wellness8 Foods That Improve Sex Drive In Women
- wellnessInternational Yoga Day 2019: 10 Yoga Poses To Boost Male Fertility
- wellness10 Lesser Known Health Benefits Of Kratom And Side Effects
- wellnessImpact Of Depression On Sex Life & Ways To Improve Your Libido
- wellness10 Vitamins and Minerals That Help Boost Your Sex Drive
- wellness12 Common Penis Problems You Should Be Aware Of
- wellness18 Libido-boosting Foods That Improve Sex Drive Naturally
- wellnessThis Is One Major Factor Affecting Your Libido, Check It Out!
- wellnessWant To Last Longer In Bed? Try these 40 Aphrodisiac Foods
- wellnessLifestyle Choices That You Must Make To Naturally Boost Your Libido – For Both Men & Women
- wellnessThese Common Foods Can Decrease Your Libido In Bed!