- 36 min ago Majority Of Patients Who Have Recovered From Covid Experienced Stigma: Study
- 1 hr ago Ashadha Gupt Navratri 2022: Maa Mahagauri Puja Date, Legend, Rituals, Mantras, And Significance
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 06 July 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 17 hrs ago Amazon Monsoon Sale: Save Up To 62% On Smart Watches & Wrist Watches For Both Men And Women
- Movies Arjun Bijlani On His Life After Participating In Smart Jodi: We Have Created Some Amazing Moments
- Technology Amazon Tecno Camon 19 Neo Quiz Answers: Win Rs. 500
- News Supreme Court to hear plea on AIADMK leadership row today
- Finance This Mutual Has Given 31.41% Annualized Returns In 3 Years SIP, Major Holdings In Infosys
- Sports Why Arsenal should prioritize on Youri Tielemans over Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
- Automobiles Honda Updates Offers For July 2022: Benefits Up To Rs 27,396
- Education Telangana Police SCT SI PC Exam 2022 Dates Announced, Check TSLPRB SCT SI PC Exam Date And Time Details
- Travel Skeleton Coast: The Most Dangerous Coastline In The World
Biological E Ltd or BioE, a Hyderabad-based biotechnology and biopharmaceutical company, stated on Monday that the price of their COVID-19 vaccine Corbevax has been reduced from Rs.840 to Rs.250 per dosage. The cost to the end-user would be Rs 400 per dose, including taxes and administrative fees.
Corbevax is also available in a single-dose container, making vaccine administration easier.
Biological E has produced a vaccine for COVID-19 in cooperation with Texas Children's Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine. The company conducted Phase 2 and 3 multicentre clinical trials in 624 children aged 5 to 12 and 12 to 18 years old before receiving EUA for vaccination.
According to the company, BioE has reduced the price of its vaccine to make it affordable and to help expand its reach to protect a large number of children from the virus.
- disorders-cureScientists Discover Cell Protein That Keeps Kaposi's Sarcoma Herpesvirus Dormant: All About The Cancer Type
When the country's COVID-19 immunisation campaign for children aged 12 to 14 years began in March, the Corbevax vaccine was used, and its price was set at Rs 145 for the government vaccination programme.
The Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for Biological E's Corbevax for children aged 5 to 12 years and Bharat Biotech's Covaxin for children aged 6 to 12 years was issued by India's medicines authority in April this year.
Corbevax Covid-19 Vaccine
Corbevax is the first COVID-19 protein subunit vaccine developed in India.
This protein subunit vaccination is built on a traditional vaccine platform. It includes only the antigens like spike protein of the disease-causing virus that attacks a person's immune system. This Covid-19 vaccine with protein subunits is safe as the human immune system recognises the harmless S-protein in the sub-unit vaccine, and proceeds to make antibodies to help fight the infection.
- wellnessCorbevax Will Be Allowed As A Booster For Those Fully Vaccinated With Covishield Or Covaxin
- wellnessNTAGI To Review Covaxin Corbevax Data For 6-12 Years Thursday, Discuss Reducing Booster Dose Gap
- kidsCovid-19 Vaccines For Kids: DCGI Grants Emergency Use Nod To 3 Vaccines For Different Age Group Of Children
- kidsCOVID-19 Vaccine: Government Panel Recommends EUA For Corbevax For Kids Between 5-11 Years Age Groups
- wellnessCOVID-19: DGCI Grants Restricted Emergency-Use Nod To Corbevax Vaccine For 12-18 Age Group
- wellnessCorbevax: What Do We Know About Biological E's New COVID-19 Vaccine?
- healthIndia-US Healthcare Collaboration In Spotlight As India Approves Two More Covid-19 Vaccines
- healthPanel Recommends EUA For Covid-19 Vaccines Covovax, Corbevax And Anti-Covid Pill Molnupiravir
- healthBiological E Hopes To Roll Out COVID-19 Vaccine Corbevax By November-End
- wellnessMajority Of Patients Who Have Recovered From Covid Experienced Stigma: Study
- wellnessMaharashtra: Thane Records 978 New Covid-19 Cases; Active Tally At 5,634
- wellnessIndia Emerged Successfully In The Management Of Covid-19 Pandemic: Mansukh Mandaviya