- 8 min ago All Women Entitled To Safe, Legal Abortion; Rape Includes Marital Rape For Purpose Of MTP Act: SC
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 30 September 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 15 hrs ago Navratri 2022 Day 9: Deepika Padukone To Sara Ali Khan, Pink Navratri Outfit Ideas From Bollywood Divas
- 16 hrs ago Actor Dheeraj Dhoopar Speaks About His New Hairstyle In Sherdil Shergill
- Movies Ali Abbas Zafar Talks About Katrina Kaif’s Superhero Film: Will Start As Soon As….
- Sports Three clubs chasing Youssoufa Moukoko
- Finance Indian Benchmark Indices Open Flat And Turns Red Ahead Of RBI Monetary Policy
- News In pics: PM Modi participates in Navratri festival celebrations, offers aarti to Maa Amba
- Technology Are Siri and Alexa Behind Your Child’s Rude Behavior?
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Comes With 25k Discount - Celerio, S-Presso, WagonR Get More Discounts
- Education What are tactical nuclear weapons? An international security expert explains and assesses what they mean for t
- Travel Cathar Castle Hike: A Stunning Castle Trail To Explore
You might have heard the word 'ketosis' or 'keto diet'. Well, ketosis is a diet plan that involves consumption of high fat, moderate protein and low carbs for an effective weight loss. The keto diet is known to take the body's metabolism to a whole new level where the body uses fats as a fuel instead of carbohydrates to provide energy. It is known to provide a long-term effect on the body.
A person on a keto diet has to restrict or minimise the intake of carbs. When the carbs are cut down from the diet plan, the food options get limited. For a person with a sweet tooth, eating a bowl of ice cream becomes a dream as it doesn't fit in the diet plan.
What if we said, there are many keto-approved ice creams which are super delicious, fulfilling and makes for a healthy alternative compared to high carb ice creams? Yes, these ice creams are made with fibres, sugar alternatives and low-calorie milk that do not contribute to weight gain. Take a look.
1. Vanilla keto ice cream
It can easily be made at home by whisking canned coconut milk, erythritol (low-calorie sweetener) and vanilla essence and then freezing then for a few hours. You can consume it with berries like strawberries and raspberries as they are the best keto fruits.
2. Strawberry keto ice cream
Berries are low in carbs and can be added to homemade ice creams. It makes for a great option if you love strawberry flavour. Prepare strawberry keto ice cream same as vanilla and enjoy it.
3. Chocolate peanut butter
Chocolate peanut butter ice cream is made with milk proteins, skimmed milk and sugar alcohol. The creamy texture of the ice cream is not compromised and it makes for a healthy treat option.
4. Zero cake batter
Zero cake batter ice cream is low in carbs and calories. It is made of dietary fibre that helps promote good digestive health. This amazing ice cream flavour is also non-dairy that adds to the low carb count.
5. Butter pecan
Butter pecan ice cream is super delicious as filled with the goodness of pecan and butter. Pecans are a powerhouse of many essential nutrients such as fibre, calcium, iron, selenium and magnesium.
6. Peanut butter chocolate
The ice cream is made with ultra-filtered skim milk. This peanut butter chocolate contains high fat and proteins and very fewer carbs. Peanuts are high in fibre that helps with bowel movements.
7. Creamery ice cream
It is made with almond flour and low-calorie sweetener, both of which contributes to low carbs. The almond flour in the ice cream contains fewer carbs and calories compared to wheat flour.
8. Coffee pint ice cream
For those who love the flavour of coffee, this ice cream makes for a great option. It is made with Colombian coffee which is renowned as the world's best coffee in quality and taste.
9. Red velvet ice cream
Red velvet ice cream is high in fibre, protein and low in calories. It is sweetened with monk fruit extract which is approved by the FDA for containing no sugar and not affecting the glucose levels in the body when consumed.
10. Chocolate coconut milk ice cream
It is non-dairy ice cream. Chocolate coconut milk ice cream is tasty, delicious and also contains monk fruit extract. It is flavoured with coconut milk which makes for a great alternative for people who follow the keto diet.
11. Mint chip ice cream
This mint chip ice cream comes with a refreshing flavour of mint, is caffeine-free, high in antioxidants, low in carbs and high in fibre. The peppermint or spearmint added to the ice cream is best for all kinds of digestive problems.
12. Peanut blubber ice cream
Peanut blubber ice cream is filled with the heavenly taste of peanut butter and chocolate. It makes for a great option for those chocolate lovers who are on a keto diet and don't want to compromise with their taste.
- wellnessProbiotics And Prebiotics: What's the Difference Between The Two And Why Are They Important?
How To Make Keto Mocha Ice Cream At Home
- One cup of coconut milk
- Two tbsp erythritol (easily available in the market)
- Two tbsp Cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- One tbsp instant coffee
- One-fourth cup low-calorie whipping cream
- Blend coconut milk, coffee and cream until they become thick, smooth and creamy.
- Grind the erythritol into powdered form.
- Mix both the ingredients.
- Leave the mixture in a fridge for around 5-6 hours.
- Serve and enjoy.
- wellnessCurd, Alcohol, Candies And Other Foods To Avoid When You Have Common Cold
- wellnessWhat Is Ketosis And How Does It Work? Benefits, Symptoms And What To Eat
- wellnessFather’s Day 2021: Benefits And Dietary Guidelines For Men Over 50 On Keto Diet
- wellnessInternational Epilepsy Day: Expert Speaks About Ketogenic Diet For Epilepsy
- diet fitnessIs Keto Diet Safe? Side Effects Of The Ketogenic Diet And Who Should Avoid It
- diet fitnessThe List Of Best And Worst Diet Plans To Follow In 2020