Peeing after an intercourse is one of the unwritten rules that we either ignore or follow. But it is high time that you knew whether you must actually pee after sex and the importance of doing so.
Of course, it doesn't mean that you have to immediately jump out of bed after you're done.
It is a well-known fact that UTIs are very common in women and those who are sexually active are more likely to get them. This article will let you know if it is necessary to urinate after an intercourse.
UTI occurs when the bacteria travel up the urethra and even the bladder, where they tend to multiply and cause an infection.
Sex is often associated with UTIs as it introduces bacteria through the urethra and into the urinary tract.
Peeing after sex helps in flushing out the bacteria before it can travel to the bladder. Peeing before and after an intercourse decreases the chances of a urinary tract infection.
There are some points that you need to consider in this regard.
1. If You Feel The Urge To Pee, Don't Ignore It:
Whether right after sex or any other point throughout the day, holding urine in the bladder can increase the bacterial buildup and make UTI worse. Further, after you're done, you need to wipe from the front to back.
2. Some Women Are More Prone To UTI Than The Others:
Some people have a higher risk factor of contracting an infection or other abnormalities in the urinary tract. If you have more than two UTIs within six months, then you're more prone to this.
3. If You Never Got UTI After Sex, Then You're Fine Not To Pee:
If it has never been a problem for you, then you can continue doing what you do. This indicates that you're well hydrated and have regular urination.
4. Women Have Shorter Urethra:
Women have shorter urethra when compared to men, hence it is easier for the bacteria to make its way to the bladder. Here it can multiply, damage the tissue and cause an inflammation.
5. Female Ejaculation Does Not Happen Through The Urethra:
After an intercourse, there are microbes and bacteria in the genitalia and rectum. These can penetrate and collect in the urethra. This can increase the risk of an infection in the bladder.
So, the only way to take out these pathogens after sex is to urinate. So, if you have been wondering ' should you pee after an intercourse', you might have got your answer by now.
6. The Anus Is Close To The Vagina:
Since the anus is close to the vagina, the faecal bacteria are also close to it. Penetration during sex paves the way for some of these bacteria to come close to the urethra. Hence, urinating after having an intercourse is a must.
- Can Cow Urine Cure Cancer? This Is What An Ayurvedic Expert Has To Say
- 9 Symptoms Of Bladder Infection And 5 Ways To Prevent It
- Blood In Urine Can Be A Sign Of This Disease, Check It Out!
- Frequent Urination: Ways To Keep Your Bladder Healthy
- Urine Sample Can Now Help Detect Prostate Cancer; Must Have Foods For Good Prostate Health
- Prostate Cancer Symptoms That Every Man Should Know About
- Is Peeing Too Much A Sign Of Bad Health?
- Ladies! Know These Causes Of Foamy Urine
- 10 Early Symptoms Of Kidney Disease That You Need To Know Before Its Too Late
- One Plant To Cure Urinary Tract Infection Without Medication
- These Can Make Your Urinary Incontinence Worse
- Why Indians Drink Cow Urine? Health Benefits Of Cow Urine