One organ that requires the utmost care and attention will be the kidneys. It plays a critical role in cleansing the body fluids and removing the waste substances from your system in the form of urine.
Some of the possible signs of kidney malfunction or damage include changes in the urinary pattern, excessive fatigue, bad breath, dry flaky skin, itchiness, nausea, dizziness, cold sweats and so on.
It is essential to be aware of the condition of the kidneys and also ensure their well being.
There are some unhealthy habits that you might be doing that can lead to the damage of the kidneys. Read further to know the habits that damage your kidneys.
1. Sodium Consumption:
Excessive consumption of sodium can elevate the blood pressure and also bring on kidney damage.
Diet rich in sodium can also lead to the formation of kidney stones and can lead to abdominal pain, trouble in urinating and nausea. This is one of the habits that can damage kidneys.
2. Prolonged Use Of Pain Killers:
Prolonged use of non-steroidal pain killers can cause damage to the kidneys. It can even lead to complete failure or shut down of the organ.
3. Regular Meat Intake:
If you have the habit of consuming meat on a regular basis, you can actually be damaging your kidneys. Meat is rich in protein and can cause excessive acid formation within the system.
This can lead to acidosis, where the kidneys will not be able to process the acid at normal rate. This is one of the most common bad habits that damage your kidneys.
4. Consumption Of Diet Soda:
Studies have found that there is a direct correlation between excessive consumption of diet soda and kidney problems. People who had more than 2 soda drinks a day were 30% more susceptible to get a kidney disease.
5. Not Drinking Enough Water:
Not drinking enough water on a daily basis can lead to severe kidneys damage. Adequate water consumption helps the kidneys perform their function better and also helps in expelling toxins.
- World Kidney Day: 10 Best Detox Drinks For The Kidneys
- Top 10 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Green Bananas
- 10 Habits That Can Seriously Damage Your Kidneys
- 12 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Kidney Stones Without Surgery
- This One Natural Ingredient Helps Cleanse Your Pancreas, Liver & Kidneys
- How To Repair Your Kidneys Naturally Using Baking Soda
- When Should You Include More Salt?
- Stay Away From Air Pollution, Know How It Harms Your Kidneys
- Scary & Bad Things That Can Happen To Your Vagina As You Age
- One Simple Way To Check If You Have Any Health Issue In 1 Minute
- Shocking! Are Incense Sticks (Agarbatti) Harmful? Read This To Find Out?
- Organ Donation Day; Important Organs That You Can Donate
- International Women's Day: 10 Healthy Habits For Women