Turmeric, commonly known as haldi in the Indian sub-continent and often referred to as the nature's yellow gold, is not just a spice that gives a tinge of yellow colour to your food, but it is also known to possess plenty of health benefits.
You might have heard of turmeric helping in the treatment of cold and seasonal infections since the ancient times, and a first resource of medication to get rid of seasonal flu according to your grand-mother. But when it comes to cancer prevention and treatment, turmeric is something that is not often heard of.
Well, turmeric is one of the commonly found spices that helps in effectively fighting cancer. One of the most interesting parts about turmeric is that, it contains an important compound called the curcumin, which is known as an anti-cancerous agent.
In addition, due to its rich anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, turmeric not just helps in fighting the cancerous elements in your body, but it also helps in fighting the side-effects of cancer treatments like chemotherapy and radiation.
In this article, we have explained about a few of the properties of turmeric that help in fighting cancer effectively. Take a look.
1. Turmeric Kills The Cancer Cells:
Turmeric contains an important ingredient called the curcumin, which is widely known for its anti-cancerous properties. This has been found through several researches. Adding turmeric to your regular food on a daily basis helps fight the cancer cells effectively.
2. Helps Prevent The Growth Of Pre-cancerous Lesions:
All this while you might have heard about turmeric helping in preventing cold and seasonal flu. Turmeric when consumed in a correct amount helps in preventing the growth of pre-cancerous lesions.
Consuming turmeric or curcumin helps to control the growth of pre-cancerous lesions, especially in case of oral cancers. Also, turmeric oil extract has been found to prevent the progression of cervical cancer.
3. Prevents Metastasis:
Metastasis is a condition wherein the cancer spreads throughout the body. Turmeric helps to prevent further multiplication of cancerous cells and the development of new blood vessels in the tumours. Turmeric can be added as a spice to your regular food or consumed as supplements by adding a teaspoon of it to a glass of milk.
4. Anti-carcinogenic Properties:
The curcumin in turmeric is known to have anti-carcinogenic properties. Also known for its rich antioxidant properties, turmeric helps prevent the toxic substances from affecting the vital organs in humans. This helps in preventing the different types of cancer.
5. Helps Curb Inflammation:
Turmeric is known for its rich anti-inflammatory properties. Adding turmeric on a regular basis helps in fighting inflammation in terms of cancer. Turmeric can be really helpful when it comes to lung cancer.
6. Helps Regulate Immune Response To Combat Cancer:
Turmeric helps in boosting the immune system and helps to fight against cancer. The curcumin compound contained in turmeric helps in regulating the immune system and thus this helps to combat cancer effectively.
7. Known As A Chemo & Radio Protector:
Cancer treatment involves chemotherapy and radiation. Both of these treatment processes involve a lot of side-effects. Turmeric contains curcumin, which is known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Consuming curcumin on a regular basis helps in preventing the toxicity caused by chemotherapy and radiation.
8. Turmeric Has Anti-Tumour Properties:
Tumour can be benign (non-cancerous) or it could be malignant (cancerous). The curcumin contained in turmeric is known to have anti-tumour properties. It helps to fight against the factors that lead to tumour growth. Turmeric or curcumin specifically helps in tumour reduction related to prostate, breast, lung and the brain.
9. Reverses Drug Resistance In The Cancer Cells:
Drug resistance is one of the major challenges faced by cancer patients. Several studies have shown that the curcumin compound contained in turmeric helps to regulate the cancer cells and thus reverses drug resistance. Consumption of turmeric about 6-8 g on a daily basis helps.
- Tips To Prevent Cancer Naturally
- This New Breakthrough Could Detect Early Signs Of Cancers
- The Types And Purpose Of Cancer Vaccines You Need To Know
- Want To Get The Maximum Health Benefits From Green Tea? Here's How You Can Do It
- From Combating AIDS To Skin Disorders, Here Are Health Benefits Of Drinking Cow Urine
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Beer
- 10 Nutrition Facts Of Homemade Almond Milk
- The Health Risks Of A High-Protein Diet You Should Know
- 10 Important Facts About Colon Cancer You Should Know
- 10 Health Benefits Of Hot Peppers You Should Know
- 10 Mind-blowing Health Benefits Of Raspberries
- 10 Health Benefits Of Drinking Cinnamon Water
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Be Having Turmeric As A Part Of Your Daily Diet