You might be aware of the old saying that your eyes are a window to your soul. Whatever this means, but you need to know about the fact that your eyes can tell a lot about your health.
Your eyes can reveal quite a lot about your health. Some of these things can be simply detected by looking at the mirror.
Eyes are precious and keeping them healthy will have a great impact on improving the quality of your health.
It turns out that your eyes can warn you about a variety of diseases that you may not even know you have.
Hence, your eyes can turn out to be the window into the state of your health. Many diseases can actually affect your eyes.
Starting from high blood pressure to cancer, your eyes can be vulnerable to these kind of diseases and carefully monitoring them will help know of the diseases beforehand.
In this article, we we will let you know what your eyes tell about your health. Read further to find out.
1. Permanent Sty:
Sty is a lump on the eyelid that appears due to blocked sebaceous gland. If a sty persists for a long time, then it may be a symptom of sebaceous gland carcinoma.
2. Eyebrow Loss:
One of the main reasons for eyebrow loss is hypothyroidism, which is acute shortage of thyroid hormones. Some of the other reasons can be ageing, stress and nutrient deficiency. Hence, this is a symptom that will let you know what your eyes tell about your health.
3. Blurred Vision:
This can be due to digital eye strain or dry eye syndrome. Spending hours in front of the computer can cause a burning sensation in the eyes or blurred vision.
4. Blind Spots:
The appearance of blind spots can be indicative of migraine with an aura. Blind spots usually come along with headaches. You need to consult your doctor immediately for such cases.
5. Bulging Eyes:
If you constantly feel some sort of an expansion in your eyes, then it can be a symptom of thyroid eye disease or Graves disease. This means that the thyroid is overactive.
6. Yellow Whites:
An undeveloped liver function can lead to jaundice. This can also be connected with the state of gall bladder or bile ducts. If you see your whites becoming yellow, you need to immediately rush to the doctor.
7. Cloudy Vision With Diabetes:
For people with diabetes, it is their vision that they must keep a tab on. One such problem that can occur is diabetic retinopathy, which is a state caused by the damage to blood vessels in the photosensitive retina tissue. This gives rise to cloudy vision. This is one of the main symptoms that indicates what your eye says about your health.
8. Impaired Vision Or Vision Loss:
Any vision change is something that requires an instant response. If you notice your vision suddenly impaired, clouded or even disappearing, then you need to seek immediate medical attention. It can be the first signs of a stroke.
- Smokey Eyes For Different Eye Shapes
- Everyday Habits That Cause Dark Circles Under Your Eyes
- Simple Makeup Tricks To Make Your Eyes Look Big
- 10 Health Benefits Of Rock Sugar (Mishri) You Should Know
- Top 10 Health Benefits Of Green Beans
- 10 Incredible Health Benefits Of Onions
- Useful Makeup Tips For The Party Season
- Tricks To Get Rid Of Puffy Eyes In An Instant
- Mistakes You Are Making With Your Contact Lenses Every Day
- Women Goes Blind After Playing Video Games For 24 Hours; Tips For Computer Eye Strain Relief
- World Sight Day: Healthy Foods For Good Eyesight
- Eating This Popular Food Could Actually Be Making You Blind - Study; Tips To Prevent Vision Loss
- 20 Simple Steps To Lose Belly Fat Fast (That Really Work!)