- 46 min ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- 2 hrs ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 2 hrs ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 2 hrs ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- Sports Ranji Trophy: Uthappa hundred takes Kerala to 276/3 as Delhi spinners falter on opening day
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 64 - Will Madhurima And Vishal Give A Second Chance To Their Broken Relationship?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51, A71, S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite Prices Leak
- News Honeypreet meets Sirsa Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim at Rohtak jail
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
With the mercury level soaring excessively high this year, all that most of us want to do is to get into a swimming pool and sit there the whole day. Also, most of the kids on their summer vacations would like to go for swimming classes too.
Swimming is considered to be one of the best exercises for your overall health and also for those who want to lose weight. However, one needs to take certain precautionary measures in order to prevent certain infections that occur as a result of water contamination.
Also Read: How Swimming Benefits The Brain
Especially during the summer season, the moment one sees a swimming pool everyone of us wants to take a dip and get that cool feeling.
Whether it is the swimming pool in your society or any other public swimming pool, one needs to specifically check the chemical and chlorine content in the water. The chlorinated swimming pool water not just affects the skin and hair but it can also cause eye infections. So taking precautionary steps would be the best way to prevent any kind of infections.
This article explains about a few healthy swimming tips and safety measures to follow while swimming. Have a look.
1. Swim Outdoor:
It is always better to swim in the pools that are located outdoors. This allows the toxic gases to get eliminated in the open air in a better way than those swimming pools that are located indoors.
2. Check For Chlorine Content In Water:
Make sure that you check for the chlorine content present in the water before swimming. When the chemicals and chlorine content are high, make sure to avoid swimming as this can cause skin allergies and eye infections too.
3. Shower Tips After Swimming:
It is a must to take a shower with mild soap and warm water after swimming. This helps in getting rid of the chlorine content that you come in contact with while swimming. This helps in preventing several skin infections.
4. Drink Plenty Of Water:
It is important to drink plenty of water at least 30 minutes before swimming. This helps in keeping the body hydrated and this helps in retaining the body's natural moisture as well.
5. Wearing Eye Gear:
Make sure to wear protective eye gear like goggles while swimming. This helps in protecting the eyes from chlorinated pool water which might cause eye infections.
6. Swimmer's Ears:
Use ear plugs while swimming. This prevents water from entering the ears and helps in preventing harmful chemicals that can cause infections from entering the ears.
7. Precautions After Swimming:
The moment you are done with your swimming, make sure to remove your swimsuit quickly. This helps in preventing infections especially around a person's private parts.
8. Using Moisturiser:
Once you are done with swimming and post-swimming shower, make sure to apply moisturiser on the body. This helps in preventing skin dryness and cracks.