- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 06 July 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 13 hrs ago Amazon Monsoon Sale: Save Up To 62% On Smart Watches & Wrist Watches For Both Men And Women
- 15 hrs ago Can A Person Live With Dextrocardia? Causes, Symptoms And Treatments For This Rare Congenital Condition
- 16 hrs ago How To Care For Plants During The Monsoon Season: Here Are 5 Tips
- Movies Ashish Kapoor On Doing Sasural Simar Ka 2: It’s Not Easy For An Actor To Join A Show Midway
- Finance Gold Price Slips Below $1800 As Global Commodities Take A Knock: Check India Rates
- Sports LPL 2022 Draft: Full list of Players Signed, Retained & Released Players List, Full Squads of all Teams
- Technology List Of Best Smartwatches With Calling Features To Buy In India
- News Kaali row: Canadian museum "deeply regrets" offence caused to Hindus
- Automobiles Honda Updates Offers For July 2022: Benefits Up To Rs 27,396
- Education Telangana Police SCT SI PC Exam 2022 Dates Announced, Check TSLPRB SCT SI PC Exam Date And Time Details
- Travel Skeleton Coast: The Most Dangerous Coastline In The World
There may be several causes for depression, of which stress is just one of the major one. So a new study has pointed that faulty immune system is yet another cause for depression.
Scientists have found that depression is a physical illness caused by a faulty immune system that may be treated using anti-drugs. Current treatments for depression focus on restoring serotonin and other mood-boosting chemicals in the brain.
Researchers from the University of Cambridge in the UK have found that an overactive immune system triggers inflammation throughout the entire body, sparking feelings of hopelessness, unhappiness and fatigue.
It may be a symptom of the immune system failing to switch off after a trauma or illness, and is similar to the low mood people often experienced when they are fighting a virus, like flu.
Recent studies and clinical trials have shown that treating inflammation seems to alleviate depression, researchers said. "It is pretty clear that inflammation can cause depression," said Ed Bullmore, professor at University of Cambridge.
"In relation to mood, beyond reasonable doubt, there is a very robust association between inflammation and depressive symptoms," Bullmore was quoted as saying by The Telegraph.
Scientists at Cambridge and the Wellcome Trust are hoping to begin trials next year to test whether anti-inflammatory drugs could switch off depression.
The immune system triggers an inflammatory response when it feels it is under threat, sparking wide-ranging changes in the body such as increasing red blood cells.
- wellness9 Daily Habits To Improve Immunity
- healthImmune Response Induced By Omicron Effectively Neutralises Delta Variant: ICMR Study
- wellnessAmazing Health Benefits Of Black Garlic: Good For The Heart, Digestive Health And Immunity
- wellnessExpert Article: Concept Of Immunity In Ayurveda
- healthOmicron Coronavirus: Expert Suggests Ayurvedic Preventive Measures To Combat The New Variant
- diabetesWorld Diabetes Day 2021: Effective Ways To Manage Diabetes During The Winter Season
- wellness12 Herbal Teas To Boost Immunity During Monsoons; Recipes, Side Effects And Mistakes To Avoid While Preparing
- wellnessEvidence-Based Health Benefits Of Tomato Juice: Anti-Ageing, Weight Loss, Immunity And More
- disorders cureWhat Are Antibodies? How Do They Help Us Fight COVID-19?
- wellnessCOVID-19: Govt Issues '9 General Measures' To Boost COVID Immunity; Includes Dark Chocolate, Eggs, Oats Etc.
- wellnessCOVID-19: Immunity Boosting Foods For Men And Women Over 40 - Indian Ghee, Chia Seeds And More
- disorders cureCauses Of Fever At Night You Probably Didn't Know