Salads are the best thing that you might opt for when you're on a diet. But you must understand that just because something is green, it need not necessarily be healthy.
Salads are a great way to get more essential nutrients and vitamins that most of us lack in. But a perfect salad can be ruined by adding some ingredients that isn't healthy.
These are not only going to harm your body but can also sabotage your weight loss goals. Hence there are some things that you must never imagine putting in your salad.
Here we have listed the top ingredients to be avoided in a salad. Read on to know more!
Crispy Chicken, Shrimp Or Tofu:
These foods or any other coated protein can add unnecessary calories and an extra dose of sugar to your body. Hence this is no way close to becoming a diet-friendly salad.
Crunchy Noodles Or Tortilla Strips:
Crunchy noodles are more or less like eating chips. They add about 120 calories to half a cup and not to mention the fat content in it. Instead you can go for almonds, walnuts, pistachios or other heart healthy fats.
Creamy dressings are loaded with calories, about 10 grams per two spoons. It also contains sodium and not-so-healthy fats. If you want some creamy dressings, then you can go whip up some ripe avocados.
Fat-free dressings are actually higher in salt and sugar. They can also contain corn syrup, which is extremely unhealthy and ruin all your weight loss efforts.
A small handful of croutons contain nearly 100 calories, over 200 mg of sodium and a couple of grams of saturated fat without much nutritional benefits.
Dried raisins and apricots are loaded with 22 grams of sugar and about 100 calories in quarter cup, Hence this is considered to be a big no-no in your salad prep.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Will Rafale Deal Be Probed? — Supreme Court To Decide Today
- Why Is December A Good Month To Invest In Stock Markets?
- Nissan Kicks Review — Should You Buy The Latest Five-Seater SUV From Nissan?
- IPL Auction 2019 — These Five Players May Be Sold For A High Price
- Shahrukh Breaks Silence On His Film With Salman Khan And Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Mumbai And Its Vintage Parsi Cafes
- Can Meditation Enhance Creativity?