Is frequent urination normal? Well, the number of times you visit the toilet can also decide how healthy or unhealthy you are.
Your urinary system may take a blow if your lifestyle or health are bad. Also, your hydrating habits have a say in how much and how often you pee.
Also Read: Reasons You Always Want To Pee
Before knowing whether you your health is fine or not, you may first need to know what is normal an what is abnormal when it comes to the frequency of passing urine in a day.
How Many Times To Pee In A Day?
Generally, it is quite normal to pee 4 to 10 times a day. The urinary bladder of an average person comes with a capacity of around 2 cups of urine. It can hold that much only for a span of 3-5 hours.
What Is Abnormal?
If you experience pain or burning sensation when you pass urine then you must be concerned. Also, if you are passing urine more than the average times then it could be a problem. Even the frequency says a lot about your health. Having to pee too frequently is a sign of something serious.
Also Read: Interesting Facts About Pee!
How Many Times To Pee At Night?
If you have the habit of waking up only once in the night to pass urine, it is normal. Some people never wake up till morning and it is normal too. But with age, you might wake up once in the night to pass urine.
Can The Bladder Hold For Long?
If you are suffering urinary incontinence, then it is very difficult to hold urine for long. If you are peeing too many times, you can reduce the frequency by controlling yourself till the point that the urge to pass urine increases.
Is It Bad To Control Your Bladder?
Actually, it isn't bad. But if you are holding the urine and controlling yourself till it pains you then it is unhealthy.
When To Visit A Doctor?
If your urinary habits suddenly change due to no reason, then you may need to consult the doctor. If you are peeing too many times or not peeing enough or waking up several times in the night to pass urine, you may need to consult the doctor.
Signs Of Infection
If you feel like passing urine again though you have just been to the toilet, then it could be one sign. Burning sensation while passing urine, not being able to empty the bladder, colorful discharge in urine and fever are some signs of infection in the urinary tract.
- Can Cow Urine Cure Cancer? This Is What An Ayurvedic Expert Has To Say
- 9 Symptoms Of Bladder Infection And 5 Ways To Prevent It
- Blood In Urine Can Be A Sign Of This Disease, Check It Out!
- Frequent Urination: Ways To Keep Your Bladder Healthy
- Urine Sample Can Now Help Detect Prostate Cancer; Must Have Foods For Good Prostate Health
- Prostate Cancer Symptoms That Every Man Should Know About
- Ladies! Know These Causes Of Foamy Urine
- 10 Early Symptoms Of Kidney Disease That You Need To Know Before Its Too Late
- One Plant To Cure Urinary Tract Infection Without Medication
- Ladies, You Need To Do This One Thing Immediately After An Intercourse!
- These Can Make Your Urinary Incontinence Worse
- Why Indians Drink Cow Urine? Health Benefits Of Cow Urine