The shoulder is the most mobile joint in the body. This implies that a lot of things can go wrong with it.
If your shoulder hurts, it is probably due to a combination of a few things, as the shoulder joint is complex. But the one main cause of this is also poor posture.
Poor posture can cause muscle imbalances with certain muscles getting too tight and others getting stretched out or weaker.
This imbalance in strength and tension can cause humerus, a condition in which the arm bone will not perfectly sit well on the shoulder blade.
These imbalances are often the result of sitting at a desk or hunching over a keyboard all day. Fixing your posture is very important to prevent your shoulders from hurting and function the way it should.
The shoulder joint is considered to be very complex. It is usually due to the articulation of your humerus on your scapula.
The system is complex that anything from common muscle strain to ligament sprains, rotator cuff tears, labral tears, bursitis, dislocations, etc., can affect the shoulder and can cause pain and discomfort.
If you have a perfect posture and your shoulders still hurt, then there can be a few reasons for this to occur.
One of the most common injuries affecting the shoulder is what is called shoulder impingement. That is when the slide and glide of the two bones don't match up perfectly.
Something gets pinched when you're doing something like reaching overhead.
The best way to fix your shoulder is to open up your chest. You need to start by lying vertically on a foam roller, so it's along the length of your spine. Then, you need to let your arms hang to your side, bending at the elbows to a 90-degree angle.
This will help open up your pectoral muscles, releasing some pressure in your back. This is a great starting point to fix your problem. Getting an appointment is also recommended for this.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 Will Not Feature An In-display Fingerprint Sensor
- Sisupalgarh Near Bhubaneswar – The Fort Built Before The Common Era
- How To Give Your Bedroom A Makeover
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Storms Out When Asked About #MeToo; Leaves Everyone Shocked With Her Action
- Mahindra Marazzo Receives 10,000 Bookings Within A Month — Waiting Period Now Six Weeks
- India Vs West Indies: Probable India XI For 1st ODI In Guwahati
- Gold Demand Weakens Amid Festivities As Prices Hit Over 2-Year High