- 50 min ago Weekly Horoscope, 04 December To 10 December 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 04 December 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 10 hrs ago Do You Walk Every Day? Here Are 10 Common Walking Mistakes To Avoid
- 11 hrs ago Can Raw Honey Lower Blood Sugar And Cholesterol?
- Sports Germany must reinvent themselves after latest World Cup downfall, says ex-captain Lahm
- Movies HIT 2 Day 2 Box Office Collection Worldwide: Adivi Sesh's Crime Film Gets Going Without Competition!
- Finance Axis Securities Sees Upside Potential In PSU Bank Stock, Large Cap Private Bank, Buy Call Assigned
- News MCD Elections 2022 LIVE: Stage set for high-stakes civic polls; Polling to begin at 8 am
- Automobiles Hyundai Confirms Ioniq 5 EV To Be Equipped With Level 2 ADAS – Comes With Front & Rear Radars
- Travel Indian Dentist Set A World Record For The Fastest Travel On Foot From Leh To Manali, Read About Mahendra Mah
- Education Around 3,000 Agniveers have joined Indian Navy
- Technology Twitter Restores Pranay Pathole's Account: Did Elon Musk Intervene?
Coconut water is undoubtedly one of the best natural refreshing drinks out there and is a health enhancer.
People make use of all the parts of the humble coconut for food and medicine.
For centuries, people have been making use of the abundant health benefits of coconut water. This low-calorie beverage is actually packed with abundant health benefits.
It's packed with antioxidants, amino acids, enzymes, B-complex vitamins, vitamin C and several other minerals like iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, manganese and zinc.
The micronutrients in coconut water help in boosting the immune system. Coconut water contains plant hormones called cytokinins that are rich in anti-ageing, anti-thrombotic and anti-cancerous properties.
In order to reap its maximum health benefits, you'll need to opt for fresh and pure coconut water. Anything that is available in a bottled form is laden with sugar. Hence, it is recommended to go for the natural option.
In this article, we have mentioned the top health benefits of coconut water and the benefits of drinking this every day.
Also read if it is okay to drink coconut water on an empty stomach.
1. Excellent Thirst Quencher:
Coconut water is considered the best when it comes to beating the thirst. It contains electrolytic composition that can rehydrate the body. It helps in the case of dehydration and fluid loss due to diarrhoea, vomiting and excessive sweating.
2. Lowers Blood Pressure Levels:
Coconut water contains vitamin C, potassium and magnesium content that help in controlling high blood pressure levels. Potassium helps in balancing out the negative effects of sodium and helps lower the blood pressure levels. This is one of the top health benefits of coconut water.
3. Heart Tonic:
Coconut water is fat and cholesterol free and also exhibits cardio-protective effects. It helps lower the LDL or bad cholesterol and also increases the high-density lipoprotein levels, hence reducing the risk of heart disease.
4. Relieves Hangovers:
Alcohol makes your body too dehydrated and hence gives you terrible hangovers in the morning. Coconut water replenishes the electrolytes in the body and boosts hydration.
5. Promotes Weight Loss:
Coconut water is ideal for weight loss, as it contains low calories and goes easy on the stomach. This drink contains bioactive enzymes that aid with digestion, boost fat metabolism and hence help with weight loss.
6. Treats Headaches:
Most of the headaches and even migraines are actually triggered by dehydration. Coconut water will be very helpful in supplying the electrolytes to the body and for boosting hydration. Since it is rich in magnesium, it helps in getting rid of the migraine-related headache. This is one of the benefits of drinking coconut water every day.
7. Resolves An Upset Stomach:
Upset stomach occurs as a result of indigestion. It can occur due to many number of reasons. Drinking coconut water helps in giving a quick relief to this and also helps with other stomach-related issues.
8. Is A Great Post-workout Drink:
Coconut water contains a good amount of minerals and its composition is such that it can be readily absorbed by the body. Hence, drinking this after your workout helps replenish the lost electrolytes, energy and also prevents muscle breakdown.
Is It Okay To Drink It On An Empty Stomach?
It is a common misconception that coconut water must not be consumed on an empty stomach. But the truth is, it is okay to consume coconut water on an empty stomach. In this way, it provides more strength to the immune system and protects the body against bacteria and other microorganisms.
- prenatal11 Best And Healthy Drinks For Pregnant Women Besides Herbal Teas
- wellnessDisadvantages Of Coconut Water: Bad For Diabetes, Athletes, Blood Pressure And More
- wellnessWorld Coconut Day 2020: Is Drinking Coconut Water Safe For Diabetics?
- diet fitnessBipasha Basu's Top 10 Workout And Diet Tips
- disorders cureHow To Cure Acidity Permanently With These 10 Home Remedies
- wellness30 Awesome Health Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water Daily
- wellness10 Reasons Why You Should Drink Coconut Water All Through The Year
- wellnessHealth Benefits Of The Refreshing Coconut Water!
- nutrition6 Reasons Why Spicy Foods Are Good For You
- nutritionHealth Benefits Of Garlic: From Common Cold To Cancer Treatment
- nutritionBenefits Of Potatoes And The Healthiest Way To Cook Them
- nutritionWorld Idli Day: 6 Health Benefits Of The Fluffy, Fermented South Indian Food