- 23 min ago 73% Population Of Odisha Has Developed Antibodies Against COVID: ICMR Survey
- 1 hr ago Karisma Kapoor Celebrates Spring Stylishly In The Fall; Posts A Cute Set Of Pictures With Randhir Kapoor
- 1 hr ago Benefits Of Pomegranate For Babies: When To Introduce And Things To Remember
- 5 hrs ago Janhvi Kapoor And Ananya Panday Flaunt Green Outfits At The Global Citizen Live 2021 Event
- Finance 3 Best Aggressive Hybrid Funds To Consider In 2021 With 1 Year Returns Over 70%
- Technology 5G Spectrum Auction And Launch Likely To Delay Further: Here's Why
- Movies Mollywood Actress And Dancer Sreelakshmi No More
- News Kanhaiya Kumar joins Congress
- Sports IPL 2021: MI vs PBKS, Match 42 Live Updates: Mumbai Indians look to end the losing spree in UAE
- Education JMI Entrance Exam Result 2021 Declared For All Courses, Check JMI Result Link
- Automobiles Toyota Yaris Discontinued In India; Toyota Belta Coming Soon
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In Karnataka in Winter
Herpes is known to be a contagious viral infection that shows up in two forms. They are oral herpes (cold sores) and genital herpes (blisters in the genital or anal areas).
This is an infection that is caused by the herpes simplex virus. Once you contract it, the virus is present in the body for a lifetime and will keep rearing its head.
Herpes is also one of the most rampant and common infections worldwide.
Herpes is transmitted easily through direct contact. Genital herpes is transmitted through sexual contact and oral herpes is transmitted through oral contact.
Some of the most common symptoms of herpes are painful blisters in the affected areas. Tiny blisters can be formed on the lip, around the mouth or in and around the genital and anal area.
In order to avoid the risk of this infection, you need to avoid oral contact with people who have herpes and also avoid contact with their things like their lipsticks.
Further you need to avoid maintaining sexual relations with someone who has genital herpes. Using condoms can reduce this risk, but outbreaks can happen in the areas that are not covered by condoms. This might have give you an idea of what is herpes.
In this article we have also mentioned the natural remedies to treat herpes. Read further to know how to treat herpes.
1. Amino Acids:
You need to increase the consumption of foods containing amino acids like arginine and lysine that helps in reducing the frequency of recurrence of the herpes infection.
Vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli, beets and potatoes; dairy products like yogurt and cheese; fruits like apple, figs and pears are all good sources of these amino acids. This is one of the best home remedies for herpes.
2. Vitamin E:
Application of vitamin E on the cold sores are found to heal these lesions more rapidly. It also helps in providing pain relief. This is one of the best natural remedies to treat herpes.
3. Lemon Balm:
Oils that are found in lemon help in preventing the replication of this virus. Studies have also shown that balms containing extracts of lemon leaves shortened the healing time for herpes. It also prevented its spread and minimised its symptoms like itching, burning, tingling and swelling.
4. Bee Glue:
Bee glue or propolis is a resin that bees use to make their hives. It is very rich in flavonoids. This property makes it very effective in treating genital lesions caused by herpes. Hence using bee glue will let you know how to treat herpes.
Licorice contains an antioxidant called glycyrrhizin that can deactivate the herpes virus. Hence applying licorice extract on the affected areas is known to be helpful and can be used as a natural treatment for herpes.
6. Warm Baths:
Sitting in a warm bath that comes up to your hips is known to soothe genital herpes. Frequent baths are also known to relieve itching. Adding two cups of ground oatmeal or half a cup of baking soda to the bathwater is also helpful.