- Finance HDFC Bank- How to Get Customer ID or CIF Number?
- Sports ISL 2022-23: Cleiton Silva special stuns Kerala Blasters FC as East Bengal FC seals clinical win
- News Why govt's stake in Vodafone Idea will be a gamechanger
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Ex-Contestant Lauds Sumbul Touqeer Khan’s Journey On The Show; Says ‘19 years old and…..’
- Travel Honeymoon special: Most Romantic cities in the World
- Automobiles Tata Harrier, Safari Red Dark Edition Launch In March – ADAS, Bigger Screen & More
- Technology Realme 10 Pro Coca-Cola Edition India Launch Confirmed: Pre-Booking May Earn Free Smartphone
- Education UGC NET December Exam 2022: Exam City Intimation Link will be available soon; Check Details Here
From age-old time, cancer has been a frightening disease that causes a fatal reaction to death. Earlier, there was no medication for treating cancer and hence it was an inevitable death call that was waiting.
But now, with the advancement of science and technology, certain medication for cancer has been formulated, and chemotherapy is one of it.
For patients who are in their initial stage of cancer, this radiation therapy aids in destroying the existing cancer cells and prevents the outgrowth of further ones.
In this process of radiation, a cancer patient undergoes life-changing problems such as a hair loss, weight loss, fatigue, vomiting, and memory and concentration problem.
But apart from that, they even lose the sensation of taste, as their taste buds get destroyed.
They are unwilling to eat, but healthy food is essential for a cancer patient who is undergoing radiation. Food gives them the strength to combat the painful process of radiation, wherein you can lose your good cells even.
So, it is vital that a nutritious diet chart is followed for a patient undergoing chemotherapy. A list of some of these foods is given below.
Whole grains include brown rice, whole wheat bread, barley, millet, and many more. A single serving of whole grain provides selenium, manganese, fibre, thiamin, vitamin B6, and niacin. It is a healthy meal and can enhance the taste buds as well. Further, the phytic acid present in whole grains help in the prevention of cancer for normal people and for those who are existing with this deadly disease, it will prevent further outgrowth.
Chemotherapy often leads to dryness in the mouth and only water can suffice the problem. For a chemo patient, orange juice can be beneficial in removing the dryness. This is because the orange juice will initiate the salivary glands to produce more saliva. However, a cancer patient with a sore mouth or throat should avoid this drink.
Chemotherapy is often accompanied by nausea, and in treating this, ginger candies can be of a great help. Before taking your meal, suck them or have some ginger ale, it will make your stomach feel better and then have your meal.
Onion is extremely beneficial for cancer patients. These are rich sources of antioxidants that help in strengthening the immune system of cancer patients. Have it cooked or raw, and remember onions can also prevent further growth of cancer cells as well.
Radiation therapy often makes a cancer patient feel weak. It is important to consume food that boosts up the immune system, so that the body can fight with cancer. So, have 2-3 garlic slices every day in your diet to strengthen your immune system and combat this deadly disease.
Brazil nuts are a rich source of selenium and they help in improving the immune system to fight cancer such as leukaemia and melanoma. Have 2-4 nuts every day and utilize this anti-cancer powerhouse to boost up your immunity.
Oats is a healthy whole grain that not only fills your stomach but also is beneficial for cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy. Often a cancer patient feels a loss of appetite and in this process, they keep on losing weight. Oats helps in promoting your level of appetite, boosts up your immune system, reduces the level of bad cholesterol, reduces the production of insulin, and improves regularity. So with such essential benefits, it is recommended to include oatmeal to your regular diet.
Sunflower seeds contain a high amount of zinc and vitamin E and a smaller quantity of selenium. In cancer patients, it helps to promote a healthy prostate. Besides, it also accelerates the process of healing. A minimum of 15-25 mg serving of sunflower seeds per day is extremely beneficial for chemo patients.
Sesame seeds are beneficial for fighting with cancer. They are capable of controlling the blood pressure and lipid level in human body. It is also clinically proven to treat women suffering from breast cancer.
Nuts such as almond, walnut, cashew nut, hazelnuts, pistachios, etc., have shown proven benefits in treating breast cancer. These are rich sources of antioxidants and they reduce the chance of spreading cancer to the other parts of the body to its half. A small quantity of nuts in your regular diet can drop down cancer proliferation by a manifold.
Green Leafy Veggies:
Leafy green vegetables are a rich source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and enzymes. They form a staple diet for everyone, but especially for cancer patients. These essential benefits help in fighting cancer and their antibacterial and antiviral properties further prevent tumour formation and metastasis. It also aids in killing down the existing cancer cells as well. So, include leafy green vegetables such as spinach, collard green, kale, salads, etc., in your regular diet.
Pulses such as peas, beans, lentils, dal, etc., have several nutritious benefits on our health. When these are consumed on a regular basis and in abundance, they help in combating cancer as well. Research suggests that pulses contain anti-carcinogenic effects due to the presence of selenium, saponins, phytates, zinc, protease inhibitors, dietary fibre, and folate.
Dietary fibre has shown subsequent redemption in treating cancer cells. A daily consumption of 400 mg of pulses will not only boost up your body with all the essential nutrients but also help in combating cancer.
Cancer is one of the leading causes of death in most humans, especially for the ones who are engaged with smoking. So, once you have developed this deadly disease, it is imperative to undergo proper medication. Chemotherapy is one of them. And so, follow these food habits to combat cancer faster.
- kidsWorld Cancer Day: Types Of Common Cancer Reported In Indian Children; Can It Be Prevented?
- wellnessCan Ants Detect Cancer In Urine? How?
- wellnessEating Grapes May Reduce Risk Of Sunburn: How Many Should You Eat?
- wellnessHealth Myths: 5 Most Common Myths About Health, Beauty And Mental Health
- wellnessAre Candles More Toxic Than Cigarettes? Harmful Effects Of Scented Candles On Health
- healthWorld Cancer Day 2023: Pedalling for a Cancer-Free World
- yoga spiritualityAnita Moorjani: How She Fought With Cancer, And Died, To Return To Her Body, Fully Cured
- wellnessCancer: Can Gardening Help Reduce Cancer Risk?
- diet fitnessProstate Cancer Treatment: High Intensity Workout (HIIT) May Help Improve The Condition; Here’s How
- disorders cureFirst Time In Cancer History: Drug With 100% Success Rate In Clinical Trials
- disorders cureBreath Test To Detect Lung Cancer: Read About The Latest Scientific Development
- healthFootball Legend Pele Re-Admitted To Hospital Amid Cancer Battle