All are aware about the properties of banana. But did you know that the banana peel which we throw away is no less than important?
The flesh of the banana is rich in many nutrients and carbohydrates. It is also high in vitamins B6, and B12, magnesium and potassium. The sugar content is highest when the banana peel turns black.
Here, we have listed some of the best benefits of banana peel that you can make use of to improve your health.
Scoop the part of the banana under the skin and use it for many purposes.
One of the surprising benefits of banana peel is that it can be used for teeth whitening. Rub the teeth with the peel for two weeks and you'll soon see the results.
If you have skin warts, this problem can be solved with banana peel. Apart from removing the warts, you can prevent the occurrence of it in the future.
Banana is also great for overall skin care. The reason for this is due to its antioxidants and anti-ageing properties. Banana is an analgesic agent and can be used for the treatment of psoriasis.
You can rub the sore parts on the body with a banana peel and it is an excellent way to relieve the pain.
Eating banana peels are also known to give weight loss results. Eating banana peels alone for dinner helps to lose around 5 pounds in a month.
There are also some important tips that you need to keep in mind before using a banana peel.
You must make sure to use a fresh banana peel for best results. Never keep an unpeeled banana for long. Once the banana is unpeeled, the peel should be used immediately.
Store bananas in a cool, dry place and always keep them away from heat and sunlight.
Never store the banana peels in a refrigerator.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Nissan Motors Chairman & Renault CEO Carlos Ghosn Arrested For Misrepresenting Funds
- Flipkart Mobile Bonanza Offers: Heavy Discounts Available
- Deepika Padukone's Mangalsutra Gets All The Attention — Here Are The Pics
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?