It might be an awful thing to notice your urine, but this is something you must do. As the changes in your urine - the colour as well as the flow can tell you a lot about your health.
More so if you notice blood in your urine then you should be all the more careful and check it with a doctor immediately. As a recent research has revealed that blood in the urine could be an early sign of prostate cancer.
When you notice blood in the urine, it is known as gross hematuria, and it can turn to pink, red or cola-colour.
Well, seeing blood in urine in all the cases doesn't necessarily mean you'll be diagnosed with prostate cancer. Hence, it is always advisable to get it tested at the earliest.
Other signs of prostate cancer include taking long time to urinate or having a weak flow.
People could also feel the urge to urinate more often, or get a feeling like the bladder is not fully empty when you finish urinating.
Difficulty getting or maintaining an erection could also be a sign of prostate cancer.
However, the cause of prostate cancer is largely unknown. But, the risk of developing the disease increases as humans get older.
Prostate cancer develops very slowly, and people can live without symptoms or treatment for decades.
The cancer could be removed through surgery, and it could be treated by radiotherapy, or hormone therapy.
Meanwhile, listed here are a few foods that helps to decrease the risk of prostate cancer. Take a look.
Broccoli is one of the best known cruciferous vegetables that helps in reducing the risk of prostate cancer. Broccoli is low in carbohydrates, which have been linked to cancer, and they are also rich in antioxidants and phytochemicals that can prevent cell changes that can lead to cancer risk.
2. Pomegranate Juice:
Pomegranate is rich in antioxidants. Consuming pomegranate juice on a regular basis helps in preventing the movement of cancer cells and weaken their attraction to a chemical signal that promotes the metastasis of prostate cancer to the bone.
Several studies have shown that soy helps in preventing prostate cancer. Soy contains isoflavones that interferes with the pathways in prostate cancer cells that are related to inflammation and thus prevent the growth and spread of cancer. All that one needs to do is include soy in their regular diet.
Carrots are yet another important vegetables that are good for prostate health. Carrots are known for its rich source of beta-carotene, a carotenoid that is converted to vitamin A.
In addition to this carrots are also known for its antioxidant properties. Due to all these ingredients, carrots help in preventing prostate cancer. Adding carrots in your daily diet on a regular basis helps.
Walnuts are one of the best known nuts that helps to prevent prostate cancer. Walnuts are low in carbohydrates and rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Walnuts helps in reducing the levels of an important hormone IGF-1 which has been linked to prostate cancer. Consuming a handful of walnuts.
(With Agency Inputs)
- World Blood Donor Day 2018: 10 Surprising Health Benefits Of Donating Blood
- World Blood Donor Day 2018: Carrot-Apple-Pomegranate Juice For Hemoglobin And Weight Loss
- World Thalassemia Day: What Food Is Good For Thalassemia?
- World Thalassemia Day 2018: Everything You Need To Know About Thalassemia
- 10 Foods That Increases Blood In Body Quickly
- 9 Scary Facts On AIDS You Must Know!
- The Colour Of Your Earwax Can Determine Details Of Your Health
- Scientists Find A Possible Way To Treat Leukemia
- 9 Types Of People Who Are Prone To Blood Clots; Are You One Of Them?
- Which Blood Group Are You? Find Out The Health Conditions That Could Affect You Based On This
- Top 10 Best Foods That Diabetic Individuals Can Eat
- World Stroke Day: How To Identify Stroke Symptoms & Treat Quickly