- 10 hrs ago What Are Leptin And Ghrelin And How Do They Affect The Body Weight?
- 11 hrs ago Vikrant Rona Actress Jacqueline Fernandez Goes Retro In Co-ord Set! PICS
- 11 hrs ago What Is Short Bowel Syndrome? Causes, Symptoms, Complications And Treatments
- 15 hrs ago South Africa In New Surge Of COVID-19 From Versions Of Omicron
- News Sri Lanka Crisis: What is the 21st Amendment bill which seeks to end presidential system
- Sports RCB Playoff Chances 2022: Here's how Royal Challengers Bangalore can enter IPL 2022 knockouts
- Finance Stocks To Buy: These 3 Stocks Can Gain Upto 39% In 1 Year, Stable Volume Growth Reported
- Movies Shailesh Lodha Quits Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah; Actor Is No Longer Shooting For The Show - Reports
- Education TANCET 2022 Result: Anna University To Announce Results In June Second Week. Check Dates And Other Details
- Automobiles CNG Price Hiked Again: Rs 2 Increased Per Kg
- Technology Vivo Y01 Launched As Brand’s Latest Entry-Level Phone: Features & Price
- Travel 10 Wonderful Destinations In Madhya Pradesh You Must Visit
Though bathroom is the place to relax and unwind, it can also turn into a dangerous place especially due to the slipperiness of the floor.
Wet floor can even take lives! Though none of us bother much about bathroom safety tips, as we age, the risk of slipping and falling in the bathroom increases.
Here are some facts you should know about bathroom hazards especially if you have elderly people at home.
Statistics say that nearly one-third of the senior citizens tend to slip and fall in the bathroom at least once a year. If you have elderly people at home (over the age of 65), be careful!
Out of overall incidents, 65% of the falls generally result in minor injuries like bruises, but the rest of the cases are more serious!
Most of the serious cases are generally emergency cases. A slippery bathroom is hazardous! Sometimes, a simple fall could lead to a life-threatening situation.
Cuts, scrapes, bruises, broken bones, spinal cord injuries, fractures and even death could occur in the serious cases.
Generally, when do bathroom-slips occur? They mainly happen when the person is getting out of the tub, sitting on the toilet seat, trying to reach the towel stand or simply walking on the slippery surface.
Why do they occur more in old age? Well, even young people do slip and fall in bathrooms occasionally. But when old people fall, the impact is more due to fragile bones and poor control over the body.
Also, the incidents are more in old people as co-ordination abilities and muscle strength gets reduced with age.
Some simple ways to prevent such incidents include helping old people if possible, keeping the lights on before elderly people use the toilet, keeping door mats on the floor of the bathroom, keeping the bathroom floor dry and getting handles installed on the walls. This way it is better to minimise the risk.
- newsAre You Taking Your Phone To The Bathroom? Then, You Need To Ditch This Habit - Says Study
- wellnessIs It Safe To Reuse Bath Towels? No!
- wellnessIs Peeing Too Much A Sign Of Bad Health?
- disorders cureHow To Know If You Have Piles
- wellnessWhy You Must Squat To Defecate?
- beyond loveWhy Does He Take So Long To Come Out Of The Loo
- beyond loveHow To Hide Your Erection In Public Places
- improvementSimple Ways To Get Rid Of Bathroom Odours
- improvementWays To Remove Bad Smell From Bathroom
- decorEasy Tips To Make Bathroom Look Bigger
- pulse10 Shocking Things At Home That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet
- improvementNatural Ways To Get Rid Of Bathroom Odours