A woman always remembers her first period for the rest of her life. Did you know that the course of a woman's period can be very useful if observed closely?
Science tells us that the age at which you got your first periods can be an indicator of many things about your life, your nutrition and future health.
There are so many things that can be found out about a woman by knowing the time of her first period. This can actually have an effect on her overall health. It can also help us in determining her lifespan!
This article is all that you need to know about your first period and what it says about your health. Read further to find out some real interesting facts that you might have unheard of before!
1. Sooner Is Bad:
A woman's first period and lifespan go hand in hand. It is said that those who get their period later in their teenage years are likely to live past 90 years of age. Getting periods late is directly proportional to a woman's lifespan.
2. Early Period Can Indicate An Unsettled Childhood:
Studies have shown that lower levels of parental attention, support, sensitivity and emotional security is directly linked to an early-onset puberty.
3. Very Early Or Very Late Periods Mean Heart Disease Risk:
When your first period or menarche happens outside the normal range, then this is linked to a higher risk of heart disease.
4. Getting Periods Before Age 12 Is Linked To Breast Cancer:
If it hits before the age of 12 years, then it is important that you need to get tested for breast cancer frequently.
5. After Age 12 Means Extended Lifespan:
A woman who has got her first period after 12 years of age is likely to live longer than those who went through it before.
6. Menarche Age Can Determine Menopause Age:
Menstruation before the age of 12 signifies that menopause will hit them between the ages of 40 and 44 years.
- 10 Foods Not To Eat During Periods
- Tips To Take Care Of Your Skin During Period
- If You Have These Period Symptoms, Then You Might Have These Health Problems
- Why You Have Food Cravings On Your Period?
- Are You Bleeding During Lovemaking? Read This!
- Why It Hurts To Sit Down During Period?
- Are There Clots In Blood During Periods?
- Why Turmeric Is A Must Have For Women?
- What Could Be Causing Periods To Appear Twice In A Month
- 21 Best Foods to Eat During Your Period!
- Is It Safe To Practice Navratri Fasting During Menstrual Periods?
- Things Your Periods Can Tell You About Your Health
- 10 Surprising Health Benefits Of Apricots