- 2 hrs ago Saree Looks Decoded From The Pages Of History Following The Saree Twitter Trend
- 5 hrs ago On 3 Years Of Mom, Veteran Actress Sridevi’s Sober Outfits From The Film Decoded
- 5 hrs ago 7 Ways To Stop Being Taken For Granted By Your Partner
- 6 hrs ago 10 Reasons Why You Should Eat Raw Mangoes; Side Effects And Healthy Recipes
- News Brazil's President Bolsonaro tests positive for COVID-19
- Sports Fans to distribute masks on Ganguly's birthday on Wednesday, do charity
- Movies If Nepotism Worked, Sunny Deol’s Son Would’ve Been Like Tom Cruise: Annu Kapoor
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Series Expected To Go For Sale Starting August 21
- Automobiles Bajaj Platina 100 Disc Variant Launched: Priced At Rs 59,373
- Finance ICICI Bank To Offer Its Employees 8% Hike For Working Amid Covid 19
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
Lips are one of the most sensitive parts of our body. Since lips do not have any oil glands, it is essential for us to take special care of them. It is our lips that also point out certain skin conditions that we end up suffering from. Read on to know more.
If you have dry lips all the time and no amount of moisturizing and applying loads of lip balm are helping, you should take care of it right away. This could signify that you are suffering from dehydration. This can be caused by spending too much time out there in the sun and sweating a lot.
If you do not replenish the water that has been lost by your body by drinking sufficient quantity of water, you will end up dehydrated. This will end up making your lips look dry, dull and dehydrated.
In case you have experienced a previous round of cold sores or fever blisters, you know you will be having an unwanted outbreak shortly. The herpes simplex virus that causes cold sores typically resides in nerve cells around the face.
The region around the mouth and particularly the lips are comprised of numerous nerve endings. This can be why cold sores usually appear on the lips.
Cold sores on lips signify that that you have a weak immune system. It can also be caused by stress and exhaustion. Hence it is essential that you go for a thorough check up when you get cold sores and find out the real reason that is causing it.
Are your lips extremely dry? Do you have cracks in the corners of your mouth? Are these painful? If so, then you could be suffering from certain nutritional deficiencies. When you lack vitamins B3 and B6 along with iron or zinc, you get these painful cracks on your lips and at the corners of your mouth.
In such cases, you should visit a doctor immediately and take prescribed nutritional supplements. Also, your diet should be rich in fish, eggs, green leafy vegetables and meat.