- 12 min ago Fasting In Hinduism: What You Need To Know
- 2 hrs ago Sindhu Darshan Festival 2022: Date, Time, Celebrations, History And Significance
- 4 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope, 22 May To 28 May 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 22 May 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- News Petrol, diesel new rates: Check the price of fuel in your city today
- Sports NBA Eastern Conference Finals: Heat hold out without Butler in Boston to take Game 3
- Technology Is Xiaomi 12 Pro The Fastest 5G Smartphone In The World? Here Is The Answer
- Education ICSE ISC Examination 2023 To Held Once A Year, ICSE And ISC Syllabus Revised. Check Details And Download Link
- Movies Neena Gupta Reveals She Used To Be 'Very Jealous' Of Shabana Azmi
- Finance Fuel Rates Slashed Following Excise Duty Cut: Check New Rates
- Automobiles Mercedes Vision AMG Concept Revealed - Affalterbach's Silent Future
- Travel Best Camping Site Near Pune And Mumbai – Pawna Lake Camping, 1N/2D
Imagine a world where you can just hop into your gardens when you get sick and treat yourself using herbs without having to visit expensive hospitals. Tulsi is considered to be a holy plant in India and there is also a festival celebrated in this country called Tulsi Vivah, which will be celebrated on 9 November, this year.
Well, it seems like a far-fetched idea, right? Most of us feel that herbal or natural remedies for diseases are a bunch of "grandma's tales" and are not effective.
But, what we do not realise is that natural treatments for ailments can be quite effective when they are used on a regular basis and also, you do not have to worry about any potential side effect.
Did you know that tulsi or the holy basil comes with numerous medicinal properties that can treat various disorders?
When mixed with milk, tulsi's medicinal effect heightens and you reap the health benefits of both these powerful ingredients in one go!
Just take 3-4 tulsi leaves, wash them well, add them to a pan of boiling milk. Now, empty the milk and tulsi leaves into a cup. Consume the mixture every morning on an empty stomach.
To find out how the mixture of tulsi and milk can improve your health, read on!
1. Cures Flu
The anti-inflammatory property present in tulsi, along with the healing property of milk, can reduce the body temperature and reduce the symptoms of a flu, thereby curing the disorder quickly.
2. Improves Heart Health
Tulsi is packed with a potent antioxidant known as eugenol, which is known to keep the human heart healthy and strong. Also, milk provides the heart with the essential nutrients and keeps the organ well oxygenated.
3. Reduces Stress
The mixture of hot milk and tulsi is known to relax your nervous system and also regulate the hormones that cause stress, thereby preventing conditions like anxiety and depression.
4. Dissolves Kidney Stones
The combination of holy basil and milk is known to be an excellent diuretic, which reduces the uric acid levels and detoxifies the kidney, thereby dissolving kidney stones gradually.
5. Prevents Cancer
Both tulsi and milk come packed with antioxidants and nutrients that make your immune system stronger and more resistant to many types of cancers.
6. Cures Respiratory Ailments
The combination of hot milk and tulsi comes with antibacterial properties that can cure conditions such as sore throat, common cold and dry cough, when consumed regularly.
7. Reduces Headache
When you have a nasty headache, just drink a glass of this mixture of tulsi and hot milk; and you will notice that your headache will reduce considerably, as this mixture comes with an anti-inflammatory nature that eases the pain away.
- wellnessHow Does The Body Convert Carbohydrates Into Energy?
- wellnessAntibiotics Can Lead To Life-Threatening Fungal Infection Because Of Disruption To The Gut Microbiome: Expert
- healthPhilanthropist Upasana Kamineni Konidela Visits Senior Care Homes And Health Camps
- wellnessIs Nutraceuticals A Smart Choice For A Healthier Tomorrow?
- wellnessE-manas Platform For Mental Health Can Be Replicated Nationwide: K'taka Health Minister
- wellnessMonkeypox Virus Case Confirmed In UK After Nigeria Travel Link
- wellnessNational Thalassemia Day 2022: Pregnancy In Women With Thalassemia
- wellnessApollo Hospitals Successfully Performs Surgery To Remove Rare Recurrent Chest Wall Tumour
- wellnessGovt Committed To Two Important Aspects Of Healthcare, ‘Heal By India’ And Heal In India’: Mansukh Mandaviya
- nutritionBenefits Of Potatoes And The Healthiest Way To Cook Them
- wellnessHow Cannabis Affects Our Cognition And Psychology: New Research
- wellnessHCG Cancer Hospital Offers India’s First Extended Reality Lab Using Microsoft HoloLens 2