- 11 hrs ago From Deepika Padukone To Tamannaah Bhatia, These Divas Gave Us Sari Goals For Various Occasions
- 12 hrs ago Gauri Khan's Corset And Geometrically-Patterned Lehenga Is The Refreshing Outfit We All Wish We Had
- 12 hrs ago 8 Diseases Caused Due To Poor Sexual Hygiene
- 13 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Zendaya, Shraddha Kapoor, Hina Khan & More
- Technology Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2020: Offers And Discounts On Samsung, Apple, Nokia, Xiaomi And More
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Bigg Boss 13 Tops Chart With Record Breaking Number; Naagin 4 Witnesses Drop
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Churchill Brothers look to halt TRAU’s winning run
- News No state can deny implementation of CAA, it’s unconstitutional: Kapil Sibal
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
We know how much the people of South India are fond of curd. Be it only curd or curd rice, the ingredient is must with almost every meal they have.
Even the emergence of popular products like cheese and cream has not reduced the importance of curd because of its several health benefits. Even the World Health Organisation has praised this healthy food.
So, here are 12 reasons on why curd or curd rice is a healthy ingredient that you should add to your diet every day, take a look:
1. Improves Digestion:
Curd rice is very useful in curing stomach troubles, indigestion problems and bloating. The good bacteria present in curd rice really help in this.
2. Good For Children:
Curd is a very good substitute for probiotics and antibiotics for young children. It is something that reduces the parents' concern of finding proper food for their kids outside. It not only makes them full; but also protects them against any kind of a stomach ailment.
3. Rich In Calcium & Protein:
Curd rice has calcium, protein and good fats and improves the absorption of vitamins and minerals from other foods in our body.
4. Helps Improve Bone Health:
The phosphorus and calcium content in curd help in improving our bones and teeth.
5. Helps Improve The Immunity Level:
Curd intake improves our body's immunity.
6. Good Stress Buster:
Curd is a good stress buster and it improves our mood to a great extent. The good bacteria in curd help us deal with the lows.
7. Keeps The Body Cool:
Our food habits depend on the climate; and curd plays a vital role in keeping our body hydrated and cool, particularly in South India's dry climatic conditions.
8. A Perfect Finishing Touch:
Curd rice gives a perfect finishing touch after a spicy meal, something the South Indians generally eat. Winding up your food with curd rice neutralises the spices that you just ate.
9. Good Substitute For Milk:
It is a great substitute to be had by those who are lactose intolerant, i.e., allergic to milk.
10. Good For Skin:
Curd takes care of the health of the skin and hair.
11. Helps Releieve Anxiety:
It helps relieve tension and anxiety and soothes the body of all the heat.
12. Good For Heart Health:
The calcium present in curd neutralises the harmful cortisol hormone, which causes a whole lot of problems like hypertension, obesity and cholesterol. Curd thus takes care of your heart's health.